$2500 budget for mods, what would you do???

JKady

Reaction score
If I was going to spend 2500 on MY car?

First would be an Exploder/Mountaineer long block with a little cam to freshen things up since it's pushing 180k on the stock engine, and in my area GT40 heads go for 300+ while you can buy the whole engine out of the junkyard for 500ish, figure a grand total since other little stuff always ends up needed in an engine swap even stock for stock

600 for a decent set of tires, and the rest would be tubular rear control arms and coilovers.

myk

Reaction score
If it was my car? PI heads and cams to match my PI intake, and a dyno tune if possible. I've already got the suspension taken care of and the obligatory S281 wing, so it's time for this car to back up the ricer bits...

alex302

Reaction score
Go fast parts are great but if your car is stock theres no beter feeling then to put wheels, tires and springs with the right stance and just step back in amazement how good the car looks.

myk

Reaction score
Go fast parts are great but if your car is stock theres no beter feeling then to put wheels, tires and springs with the right stance and just step back in amazement how good the car looks.

I'm going to say that if you're going to own a Mustang the springs and shocks are as mandatory as getting the oil changed. The factory handling and appearance is awful. I actually like the factory wheels, though. I'm going to hold onto them as long as I can. Maybe after the PI swap I'll get some Saleens or something...

OP
OP
J

Jigsaw351

Reaction score
I have a daily driver. I was big into sport bikes and after seeing a few crashes this year and deciding I like riding 100+ mph ever where I go I opted to count my blessings of 12 years of scratch free riding and hang it up. Always wanted a mustang and found this one.
I think I'm gonna do the springs struts and wheels tires first. It needs new tires and as much as like the stock wheels I've never owned a car with stock wheels. So a routine Maintance check wheels tires and getting lowered will be my first things to have done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online