2nd gear grind

Tommy92

Reaction score
Unfortunately my 2003 mach 1 started grindinding going into 2nd from 1st gear. It happened out of no where and did not drive rough or anything. It wont grind if I let the rpm drop and shift to 2nd slowly. In a standstill 2nd wont grind but if I let the clutch engage then disengage then put it into 2nd right away itll grind.
The only difference I noticed from when I bought the car is when I push in the clutch I hear squeaking coming from the transmission and when I engage the clutch in any gear even neutral I hear some scraping noise. Clutch does not slip though. A few days after this started I experienced the 2ns gear grind.
Im guessing its either clutch, pressure plate, or tob related or 2nd gear synchro. The noise I started hearing leads me to believe its clutch related though. What do you think it is?

OP
OP
T

Tommy92

Reaction score
Update on this subject. I got a new clutch, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and had flywheel resurfaced. Grind is almost gone now. The mechanic who replaced my clutch thought the tr3650 took 4.0 quarts so he topped the transmission off. Im going to drain the fluid and add Valvoline Synchromesh MTF when I get my MGW shifter. Will update again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online