2V-3V Swap vid and info.

rtgreen

Reaction score
Here is the vid ----> Video Here

The guy that did the swap stated that he used the 2V computer. I would guess that means that he did not use the VVT
(Variable Valve Timing).

He gave just limited info...hope he posts more soon. I've been kicking this swap around for a couple of months. Problem is my car is my DD, so I would have to do the swap with very little down time. I'd rather others do it first, find out the + and - then I can copy :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
350rwhp off a 3 valve with what appears to be only exhaust and some kind of intake tube ??? Sounds HIGH to me :-\ :-\

Neat swap non the less, however if I was to do a swap on a modular car it would be a 4 valve out of a Mach 1 car or a 03-04 TERMINATOR motor.

OP
OP
R

rtgreen

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
350rwhp off a 3 valve with what appears to be only exhaust and some kind of intake tube ??? Sounds HIGH to me :-\ :-\

Neat swap non the less, however if I was to do a swap on a modular car it would be a 4 valve out of a Mach 1 car or a 03-04 TERMINATOR motor.

3V cars make just as much if not more than 4V cars. This particular car had a built 3V stroker.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
rtgreen said:
Snakebit said:

3V cars make just as much if not more than 4V cars. This particular car had a built 3V stroker.

ahhh well then that explains why it made at least 50hp more than it should have ;D, like I said neat swap but I'll go with the extra vavle or valves......whatever 8)

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
rtgreen said:
Snakebit said:

Come on, you don't really believe that do you? "Just as much if not more"? Stroke a 4V and you'll get alot more than 350 rwhp!! I make 317 rwhp with an auto tranny and a few bolt ons.....

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
+1 to gutboybarrelhouse
for around or a little more go with the 4v swap.
the "potential" for the 4v is a lot better.
read: one more valve per cylinder=better air flow

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
+1 to gutboybarrelhouse
for around or a little more go with the 4v swap.
the "potential" for the 4v is a lot better.
read: one more valve per cylinder=better air flow

+1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online