2v COP Conversion

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Anybody on here get rid of their wires and coils and swap to the COP conversion? I found one or two writeup's over on corral.net but just wanted to get any other input/advice/results from my fellow sn95'ers.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I did mine with the kit from red monster on SVTP, and I couldn't be happier. Very nice harness, plug and play.

joekd

Reaction score
I did my 96 GT with the kit from the red monter also, no change in power (plus or minus)

slow90coupe

Reaction score
True, it's not as good, but I for one care more about having a clutter free engine bay. I know of a few cars out there running the red monster kit making 600+ with no issues.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
That was one of the concerns I had was higher boost builds. I currently already have a Boost a Spark on the car so I'm sure that will offset any sort of spark issues if it wasn't as strong as a spark. Did you guys get his harness and coils?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do it Mike :)

I have been eyeing up the pre-made unit from red monster for some time and have never seen anything negative about it.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
The only one that I know that regrets doing it was Sxynerd. Other than that can't find any negative talk about it. I think I may pull the trigger and since it seems to be such an easy swap if something isn't right can always swap back to coil pack setup

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
One other thing, for those of you who have done it are you running stock valve covers? Are any of you running TF valve covers? Just want to make sure I wouldn't have any clearance issues with those long boots reaching the plugs...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What was nerds issue?

Everyone I know that did the harness used the Ford cops and had no issues.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
What was nerds issue?

Everyone I know that did the harness used the Ford cops and had no issues.

Everytime one of these threads comes up he basically says his car was never the same once he swapped. I believe he was having spark blowout issues and couldn't even pull the car higher than 6k as far as I remember. Again, I dont know his specifics, which harness/COP's, etc he was running.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Everytime one of these threads comes up he basically says his car was never the same once he swapped. I believe he was having spark blowout issues and couldn't even pull the car higher than 6k as far as I remember. Again, I dont know his specifics, which harness/COP's, etc he was running.
Nerd made his own harness I thought

1bad95

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to where he sells them on svtp? Definitely on my list of mods to do

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Nerd made his own harness I thought

Well if thats the case than thats understandable. However, I'm pretty sure he went with Red Monster's.

Anyone have a link to where he sells them on svtp? Definitely on my list of mods to do

If you're on corral.net. Just look up RedMonster

1bad95

Reaction score
OK cool thanks!

joekd

Reaction score
My only complaint was that I had issues with the wires pulling out of the harness plugs, I contact him and he said to push them back in and use something like crazy glue to hold it in place

I think that for the price he charges for these he could have offered to send me a new plastic plug piece instead of telling me to glue the damn thing

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
My only complaint was that I had issues with the wires pulling out of the harness plugs, I contact him and he said to push them back in and use something like crazy glue to hold it in place

I think that for the price he charges for these he could have offered to send me a new plastic plug piece instead of telling me to glue the damn thing

Yeah seriously, you would think he would have offered that. Did you also run his used Motocraft coils?

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this... still might. I am happy with my coil packs right now and also happy with $50 for a full set of OEM plug wires vs $40 per coil on a COP setup. Also, you have to remember that when you do the conversion you are essentially running the COPS at double speed in a wasted spark setup which I'm sure is not the greatest thing for them. I will probably just move my coil packs behind the intake or wherever to make it look clean and retain the wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online