2v Intake's

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
I have plans building a motor please see my signature. This car will be blown at a later date but I've seen the P.I. Intake's blow up. Just ask Dalamar. I will wait to see what other companies do this spring/summer but I want something alot more durable and something that I can port.

My intake blowing up isn't normal.
how often do ppl shoot a 200 shot at idle. that's what they did, and, boom.

It's nice that companies are FINAALY developing some decient stuff. Hopefully they put something out at an affordable price!

I read an interesting article last year in MMFF where they made custome intake for a 2V with velocity stacks inside of a pipe on each side, with 2 TB's.
it had Very good gains. the article said HP was buying the rights, and that's the last i've seen of it.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
it is coming out with one throttle body. that is the pi version of the vri. it can be adjusted to a long or short runner.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how an intake can blow up. The 200 shot would just create a huge surge in power inside the combustion chamber right? How would this blow a hole in the intake?

Thanks

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bawwwwwwhhh t t BOOM

Well, I"m not exactly sure of the process, but it starts to pool up inside the manifold, since there's not enough air flow to suck it all into the cylinders. then it goes boom.

or boom, chicka boom.

Nitrous is very explosive, there has to be enough air flow and fuel to mix with it.
if it's messed up, it detonates, or pre detonates, or whatever.

similar to boost, but not. lol.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
it is in the book building 4.6/5.4L ford horsepower on the dyno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online