2V Possibilities

Wichers123

Reaction score
I don't understand why ford don't build the pump like ls. You install back housing then set clearance of gears then lock down the housing. Install front cover of oil pump and go about your day. They generally don't fail after that. 90% gm failures are incorrect install after pump has been removed.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Bingo ^^
They didnt because it makes sense! Typical engineering goof. If it makes sense, it wont work! It has to be designed overly complicated.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The oiling system is actually an awesome thing on the modular motors.. ... if they had used billet gears from the start and a bigger sump its perfect IMO.....

Wichers123

Reaction score
The oiling system is actually an awesome thing on the modular motors.. ... if they had used billet gears from the start and a bigger sump its perfect IMO.....
But still there is no way to check clearance around the oil pump gears even billet gears will fail eventually. 2step and launch control is brutal on valve train and chains.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I would pay to see billet gears fail......

Tensioner and guides would be the only worry in that scenario.... they make billet guides and fail safe tensioner......

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I just run a HO cobra pump on my setup with no issues, knock on wood

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Melling? They have reported pump failures on the 3v side....

MMR sent a guy the wrong gears and it destroyed his oil pump upon install. They sent him a free hurricane pump but it worried me enough to sway mypocket book to TSS when i do get the gears.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go TSS as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online