2v stock oil cooler

Notthenow

Reaction score
Hey anyone know how effective the stock 2v oil cooler that is part of the oil filter adapter is at cooling oil? I can put it back on or use the standard adapter.

Thanks, Mike

dwcopple

Reaction score
you can bypass it with a different adapter plate and a different lower radiator hose. I kept mine when the gasket needed replacement. It probably doesn't do much honestly.

OP
OP
N

Notthenow

Reaction score
Thanks, I do have a non-cooler adapter. I took mine apart to change the inner o ring seals an found it was leaking because the body had a pinhole in it. The cooler portion was gummed up inside even though the engine and radiator were clean and maintained with fresh anti-freeze. I could have the hole repaired, but wondered if it did much and am cleaning up the engine bay so posed the question.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
A normal oil filter mount from a crown vic will work but youll have to stretch the lower radiator hose a little bit. The water tube angle of the vics is slightly different than a mustangs.

OP
OP
N

Notthenow

Reaction score
That's the extra one I have. Blak what are your thoughts on how effective the stock oil cooler is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online

No members online now.