2v TF heads or 4v power these days?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
No pee pee swinging here. Id done the yote swap too. I was set to kill with a 2v in 10.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Yea as must as a hard on 2v guy I am, the install/swap of a yote is nothing but a bargain

Caboose302

Reaction score
Local guy has a 2v that has about 12k in the engine and he's just about maxed out at just over 410 rwhp. Something like 11.5-12:1 compression and custom cams that are "about" a Stage 5 or so. Not worth it imo. You can DD a car with a blower and make that power plus save $5k+. Just not really feasable with N/A.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Yea hes not maxed out unless your over 13 or 14 cr...... thats where you make POWAAHHHHHHHH

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Local guy has a 2v that has about 12k in the engine and he's just about maxed out at just over 410 rwhp. Something like 11.5-12:1 compression and custom cams that are "about" a Stage 5 or so. Not worth it imo. You can DD a car with a blower and make that power plus save $5k+. Just not really feasable with N/A.

Thats where the two really show differences and I feel that F/I will shine. To push 400rwhp out of a 2v will require a pretty radical setup that most would probably hate to drive day after day. 100% agree about the coyote debate, if I started my engine build and yote's were out I would take my build back in a heart beat and go that route as well

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
After this thread, I just want to go supercharged lol.

Like you mentioned earlier, can't hurt to build up a great foundation with rotating assembly, heads, intake...and really the only thing you will have to decide is the cam grind on if you plan on going f/i but you will make tons more power starting from a solid h/i setup

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Like you mentioned earlier, can't hurt to build up a great foundation with rotating assembly, heads, intake...and really the only thing you will have to decide is the cam grind on if you plan on going f/i but you will make tons more power starting from a solid h/i setup

I do. Actually thats been the hardest part about looking at complete heads from MHS, I'm torn to which cam I want, I was looking a CMS/cushman, Comp cams etc but its hard finding a cam that a good N/A and works well under pressure. You can can always buy new cams but who wants to waste money? They go for 600.00 already so doing it twice is like 1200.00 - 400.00 if you sell it.

chris91

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with Fox Lake heads either. I have yet to hit the dyno due to my tranny problems but I will tell you before my T45 died the car straight ripped. Similar setups to mine have put down 325-335. My buddy [MENTION=17696]rtvickers[/MENTION] owns a 600hp Terminator and he was impressed with it so thats gotta says something.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I do. Actually thats been the hardest part about looking at complete heads from MHS, I'm torn to which cam I want, I was looking a CMS/cushman, Comp cams etc but its hard finding a cam that a good N/A and works well under pressure. You can can always buy new cams but who wants to waste money? They go for 600.00 already so doing it twice is like 1200.00 - 400.00 if you sell it.

Yeah I completely agree with ya, why do twice the work and spend twice the money. If you are planning on going blower down the road you should really go with a blower grind cam while you are n/a, the gains really aren't spared all the much, but its just the opposite if you run n/a aggressive cams in a blower setup it will really hurt you...just food for thought. I found out first hand when I used to run n/a cams with my blower setup I was barely seeing any boost and it was going right out of my exhaust due to the grind, they simply don't have the duraction and lsa that boost likes. I think all of those companys that you listed can take care of your power goals its just a personal preference.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I remember back when VT now Cushman was really popular everyone was running their cams in 2V's. The stage 2 NA and Stage 2 Blower cams were making @ the same power on NA cars. If your gonna go FI just get the blower cams now.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with Fox Lake heads either. I have yet to hit the dyno due to my tranny problems but I will tell you before my T45 died the car straight ripped. Similar setups to mine have put down 325-335. My buddy rtvickers owns a 600hp Terminator and he was impressed with it so thats gotta says something.

Foxlake PI head or TFS Fox lake? If you got the TFS Fox lake heads then I believe it. Its cool to see fast n/a car pull especially in our little 4.6L's. I will be able to make the same impression on my best friend, he had a 600hp 2.2L KB terminator so when my setup is complete I am going to give him a ride haha.

Yeah I completely agree with ya, why do twice the work and spend twice the money. If you are planning on going blower down the road you should really go with a blower grind cam while you are n/a, the gains really aren't spared all the much, but its just the opposite if you run n/a aggressive cams in a blower setup it will really hurt you...just food for thought. I found out first hand when I used to run n/a cams with my blower setup I was barely seeing any boost and it was going right out of my exhaust due to the grind, they simply don't have the duraction and lsa that boost likes. I think all of those companys that you listed can take care of your power goals its just a personal preference.

Can you still make great power with a blower cam with out FI? I know some people run blower cams so they have room to grow. If I can find a cam that can do both I will definitely go for it. I've done a little research on it, but when I get closer towards those goals I am going to really look into it.

I remember back when VT now Cushman was really popular everyone was running their cams in 2V's. The stage 2 NA and Stage 2 Blower cams were making @ the same power on NA cars. If your gonna go FI just get the blower cams now.

I will definitely get the blower cams, I just want the car to be fun while the blower cams are in it. We all know the cams determine the characteristic of the engine.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely, you'll make very similar power to n/a cams, maybe a little shy of what they would but the main thing being when you did go blower you have the best grind already setup and you are set.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score

Careful

Turbo vs blower cams is a more noticeable difference

The D3V

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Absolutely, you'll make very similar power to n/a cams, maybe a little shy of what they would but the main thing being when you did go blower you have the best grind already setup and you are set.

That is what I am looking for!

Careful

Turbo vs blower cams is a more noticeable difference

The D3V

which one is it?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
That is what I am looking for!

which one is it?

Turbo cams you want a certain LSA and durations to be about the same.... blower cams tend to have longer exhaust duration. Turbo cams don't look (on paper) or sound aggressive. Hell the stock 5.0 can is decent turbo cam from what I read ( modular guy here). I was under the impression the a can built for boost was built for boost but a turbo works dif then a s/c

As a general statement that has exceptions

N/A and blower cams are similar

Turbo and stock are similar

A good thing to do is look at all the can makers specs

Compare Cushman blowers to NA to turbos. Then do it to MHS cams.... I see a trend

The D3V

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Turbo cams you want a certain LSA and durations to be about the same.... blower cams tend to have longer exhaust duration. Turbo cams don't look (on paper) or sound aggressive. Hell the stock 5.0 can is decent turbo cam from what I read ( modular guy here). I was under the impression the a can built for boost was built for boost but a turbo works dif then a s/c

As a general statement that has exceptions

N/A and blower cams are similar

Turbo and stock are similar

A good thing to do is look at all the can makers specs

Compare Cushman blowers to NA to turbos. Then do it to MHS cams.... I see a trend

The D3V

Yeah thats what I am going to do. I am going to be leaning more towards a blower cam since I want to procharge it later down the road.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I think blower came work good as N/A cams but N/A cams don't work well as blower cams. Again a general statement with exception....

The D3V

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I think blower came work good as N/A cams but N/A cams don't work well as blower cams. Again a general statement with exception....

The D3V

Based on my experiences and playing with cams thats exactly what I have come to find as well.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on the cams. The Comp270ah is a NA cam but work well with a Supercharger although I sold mine once I decided my NA days were done and went with the dedicated blower cams.

The Turbo is a different animal. Justin had blower cams in his 2V and they worked great with his Centi but when he went to the turbo they were hurting his power and numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.