2v TF heads or 4v power these days?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
It depends on the cams. The Comp270ah is a NA cam but work well with a Supercharger although I sold mine once I decided my NA days were done and went with the dedicated blower cams.

The Turbo is a different animal. Justin had blower cams in his 2V and they worked great with his Centi but when he went to the turbo they were hurting his power and numbers.

What do you think about modular head shop blower cams, are those cams good for N/A or am I dreaming.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There blower cams probably aren't much different than cms etc so don't see a problem with them as an na cam.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Just saw a build on the corral awhile back that put down 392 or something to the wheels all motor on a 5.0 stroker and TFS heads. High compression, forged, cams etc... lots of $$ involved IMO for 400whp but it can be done. I'd just do a blower on a stock 2v and call it a day for 400 to the wheels. Or do a Coyote swap since by the time you build a TFS 2V stroker you could spend the same on the Coyote.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Id just get a 4v. Sxynerd we all know you want a new edge!

nightfire

Reaction score
Built and blown 2V with ported heads here that runs 10's for under $8K.

Coyote motor alone cost that much

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
A 4v stock cammed "c" headed mark8 short block will run 10.5's all day long. And thats stock compression!!

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 95 tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

I wanted a Modular but I just don't know where I'll get the power I want without a blower. I want a caged, convertible, cruiser, I can take to Gingerman on Saturdays and cruise with my ladies on Sunday. Not much. :D

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ive pretty much been telling people looking at swaps that if they want 150-700 RWHP to go 2v. 700+ go 4v.

I havent heard much on the TFs, tho.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 95 tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

I wanted a Modular but I just don't know where I'll get the power I want without a blower. I want a caged, convertible, cruiser, I can take to Gingerman on Saturdays and cruise with my ladies on Sunday. Not much. :D

thats what i want too, amigo. lol... .. damn. i hope it goes well! Keep us posted!!!

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
ive pretty much been telling people looking at swaps that if they want 150-700 RWHP to go 2v. 700+ go 4v.

I havent heard much on the TFs, tho.

From what I'm hearing the TFS heads with a little porting are good for over 900. I still think sometimes I should have stuck with a 94/95 but getting them through the sniffer in this state is a pain in the sack. My 98 just went right through with flying colors in 5 minutes plugging into the OBDII port.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ok...I just got word about a guy in the next town over, Frankfort ky. He swapped on top of his stock short block a set of tfs heads with cams and a typhoon intake and netted out 404rwhp tuned at Blankenship. Im investigating the mystery and will report my findings.

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
TF heads have a high enough vale placement that you don't need the pistons fly cut?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing the TFS heads with a little porting are good for over 900. I still think sometimes I should have stuck with a 94/95 but getting them through the sniffer in this state is a pain in the sack. My 98 just went right through with flying colors in 5 minutes plugging into the OBDII port.

Justin Young with MMM is going to run the TF and hes hoping for big numbers too. I didnt say it was impossible.... just a little easier/cheaper with the other options...

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
The Mustang I went to look at was junk. :0/ I shouldn't really be looking right now anyway but if something nice falls in my lap, I'll lug it across the country when we move again.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to the party here but this is a pic that's always good food for thought when purely looking at 2v vs 4v.

gSRiAcV.jpg

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
TF heads have a high enough vale placement that you don't need the pistons fly cut?

I'm pretty sure that you do not need flycut pistons or modified intake valves at all. I could be wrong and hopefully somebody chimes in with first hand experience but I have never heard of anybody with PTV contact even with stock pistons and stage 3+ cams with TF heads

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ok burninrock24...a little quiz for you. What is known by the use of 2 intake valves in a cylinder? Your answer can not be or related to "more flow". Im not trying to be a smarty pants but i am offering the readers a challenge. :)