2V to 4V swap

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know of any links to other sites that might cover this topic? I have read bits and pieces and it seems it might be pretty straightforward. All i am talking about is just the engine swap and computer hookup. I know transmission, rearend, and fuel system and other stuff will have to change too.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I tried registering on SVTPerformance. There was a thread that said to PM a JDL100 or somethinglike that that has done a lot of the swaps. unfortunately SVTPerformance admins have disabled registration. I did find out it is just a simple swap. You can use the stock GT wiring harness, just will have to extend a few wires. Some other small things I can't remember off the top of my head. Good thing for Firefox bookmarks LOL.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
I tried registering on SVTPerformance. There was a thread that said to PM a JDL100 or somethinglike that that has done a lot of the swaps. unfortunately SVTPerformance admins have disabled registration. I did find out it is just a simple swap. You can use the stock GT wiring harness, just will have to extend a few wires. Some other small things I can't remember off the top of my head. Good thing for Firefox bookmarks LOL.

it will be a worth the time and effort swap I can assure you, I would like to see pics of this project if you do get to do it. Have any ideas on what year model 4valve you want to use? A 03-04 Mach motor would be the kick ass choice :banana: :banana:

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I am just thinking right now. I have been toying around with going with a 2V nitrous motor, but if I could come across a 4V it would just make everything easier ya know. Not exactly sure what I wanna do just yet. but after reading some threads about folks who have done it, and some that were clueless about motors before they started, I know it is something I can feasibly do. Whether i go with an aluminum block or an iron block I don't know. I may just get an iron block and forged rotating assembly and get a Cobra topend. Still something I am rolling around in my head.

I am stuck on the nitrous though. I love it. Been running a 100 shot on my 96 GT for about 6 months. Only reason I am looking to upgrade is I wanna run a minimum of a 200 shot 2 stage. I want minimum 300 rwhp n/a and I think the DOHC motor would get me there a lot easier than a 2V motor will. I am looking to run 11:1 compression. My goal is between 500-and 600 rwhp. And for it still to be streetable.

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
Maybe something like this?

engine_2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online