2v vs. 3v all motor (all out)

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
So my neighbor down the street has a 05 gt with a couple bolt ons (CAI, LT's with full exhaust, 373's, and tune). My mods are located in my signature pic. So my question is who do you think will win this race? We are both pretty close to equivalent drivers and have logged lots of race time both on and off track. I don't have much experience with what 3v put out with bolt ons but I'm guessing it will be somewhere around the 315-325 area where as my car is making roughly 300. We will probably run one from a dig and another from a roll maybe from second gear.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It'll be a driver's race really. Your car will have a slight weight advantage depending on the other car's rolling stock, interior, etc.

From my own experience, my friend Shawn had [sold, now totalled :(] an '03 GT with a plethora of mods [every basic bolt-on, full exhuast, tune, 4.10s etc] and it couldn't handle my wife's {at the time} CMDP, axleback and tune only '05 GT [3.55's] from a 2nd gear start. From a dig, the '03 would jump out about a car but I'd pass him in the top of 2nd gear. Once we added the CAI and an o/r x-pipe [318 rwhp btw, her car traps 110 mph] , it was like murder lol

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
It'll be a driver's race really. Your car will have a slight weight advantage depending on the other car's rolling stock, interior, etc.

From my own experience, my friend Shawn had [sold, now totalled :(] an '03 GT with a plethora of mods [every basic bolt-on, full exhuast, tune, 4.10s etc] and it couldn't handle my wife's {at the time} CMDP, axleback and tune only '05 GT [3.55's] from a 2nd gear start. From a dig, the '03 would jump out about a car but I'd pass him in the top of 2nd gear. Once we added the CAI and an o/r x-pipe [318 rwhp btw, her car traps 110 mph] , it was like murder lol

Yeah I figure he may pull me on the top end but hopefully with my suspension and weight advantage I can pull hard enough at the beginning to where he won't run me down.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
My advice? Visit mexico [wink wink] or hit the track [best option] and put him to bed.

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
My advice? Visit mexico [wink wink] or hit the track [best option] and put him to bed.

Haha I would love to go to the track but I always tend to drive my car a little harder than I would like too. Haha also I have to give him a little bit of an advantage. Lol

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Close race. I honestly can't tell you who will win. There are some stout bolt on 3V's then there's the majority of them and they're disappointing. White's wifes car sounds like it moves with minimal bolt ons. Then there's a ton of local ones with full bolts ons, LTs, and gears and they're not even faster than my mid pipe, catback, geared old sn95 cobra. Not sure if some years just run harder than others, but they're all rated the same.

I haven't seen a PI swapped car race any one in a long time! I like what you've done with your car!

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Close race. I honestly can't tell you who will win. There are some stout bolt on 3V's then there's the majority of them and they're disappointing. White's wifes car sounds like it moves with minimal bolt ons. Then there's a ton of local ones with full bolts ons, LTs, and gears and they're not even faster than my mid pipe, catback, geared old sn95 cobra. Not sure if some years just run harder than others, but they're all rated the same.

I haven't seen a PI swapped car race any one in a long time! I like what you've done with your car!
Thanks man I appreciate it! I've kinda noticed that too. It seems like some run 13.9's all night and then others are busting 12's it's kinda weird how they seem so inconsistent.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
At the track a kid thats a decent driver with bolt ons (exhaust, tune, drag radials and a cai) ran 12.9x -13.0 all day..... Personally it would be a close race but if you hook and pull with that car, you should be fine. If your losing, just drive in to him.

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
At the track a kid thats a decent driver with bolt ons (exhaust, tune, drag radials and a cai) ran 12.9x -13.0 all day..... Personally it would be a close race but if you hook and pull with that car, you should be fine. If your losing, just drive in to him.

Haha I'm really hoping I don't get pulled on. The 2v could use a good win. Lol

RichV

Reaction score
I just weighed my 05 GT, premium.

3,715# with me in it, tank on 'E'. I almost shed a tear. It's a friggin PIG.

My SN is 3240 with 100lbs of ballast on 'E', with me in it. That's a somewhat gutted SN, but definitely a difference.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Almost 500lbs Rich. That's crazy. I knew they were heavy but wow.

Anyways I ran a 07 with tune intake and exhaust and it beat me. Sounded like shit but still won. Highway rolls in Mexico tho. I could probably take him on the track

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate it! I've kinda noticed that too. It seems like some run 13.9's all night and then others are busting 12's it's kinda weird how they seem so inconsistent.
You're welcome. Yeah not sure what the deal is. I guess its because a lot of the owners are young kids who can't drive? They are very inconsistent. I've thought about getting into one and selling the cobra for a more comfortable ride but I'm discouraged as I'm not seeing any quick ones in person. Can't wait for your race!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online