3,000 to 4,000 misfire

wmfateam

Reaction score
Having a major misfire around said RPM. Mainly going around hard corners on the track. Changed plugs, gapped, wires, coil packs. The only codes I have are secondary air pump, egr solenoid no dignal. and intake manifold runner bank 1 stuck open. The EGR is unplugged and the air pump is removed and capped off. When the car is cold, the first time threw 3,500 rpm, the car bucks a little, but second time it is perfectly fine. The main time it happens is hard cornering, or coming out if a corner at around 3-4000 rpm. It is killing me and letting others pull away exiting. Car is a 1996 Cobra that sees only race track. Tried searching, no dice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

castine917

Reaction score
Only on corners? Left or right or both? What about if you did a hard brake and then accel on a straight?

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Both left and right and yes only in corners. Can't say that I have ever had to do that in a straight. I have backed all the the way out of the throttle and then jumped back in it, but it is not around that RPM. On the start of the race where we go from 25mph to full throttle there is not issue either.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Update. Have been driving it around on the streets, and have been having the issues at a larger RPM range, 1000-6000. Hard accel, normal accel but it is very intermittent. I can feel the IMRC opening and closing at different odd times and I am going t put money on those jerks causing all/most of the issues. Will tear it apart once i finish the daily and report back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online