3.08 to 3.55 worth it?

Methodical

Reaction score
I was gonna ask if your new, then noticed you’ve been here 14 years, then noticed you’ve posted only 5 times.

Not sure wether to say welcome to the forum or welcome back?!?!? [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both...thanks. I have not been on any Mustang forum for years as my car is not on the road at the moment. So, I mainly look around the forums, but have not participated. I am way behind on the Mustang tech these days.

The car runs, but I do not have any tags on it. I pulled all the panels off the car and I am slowly renovating it (i.e. painting); It's a slow process at the moment because I have a lot of irons in the fire...family life. I will be retired in the not too distant future and it will become my main focus again.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Both...thanks. I have not been on any Mustang forum for years as my car is not on the road at the moment. So, I mainly look around the forums, but have not participated. I am way behind on the Mustang tech these days.

The car runs, but I do not have any tags on it. I pulled all the panels off the car and I am slowly renovating it (i.e. painting); It's a slow process at the moment because I have a lot of irons in the fire...family life. I will be retired in the not too distant future and it will become my main focus again.

Well welcome regardless!!! Get a build thread going for that cobra!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
4B913655-BEE3-445C-A339-77C2D708D55B.jpeg
Got ‘er dun! Ford Performance 3.55 gear set from LMR.com and the obligatory (and tons more convenient since it has fill & drain plugs unlike the stock cover) installed. I’m very happy with the better acceleration with these gears! Very worth the $$

I vacillated between 3.55’s and the many here recommending 3.73’s
In the end, I’m glad I stuck to my guns with the 3.55’s.
They pull the way I like coming off the line and rev out at the increment I like to throw gears. RPM’s don’t go up too fast and I can stay in each gear a bit longer than with 3:73’s.

Just my unsolicited feedback!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online