3.55 vs 3.73....

Hybrid Freak

Reaction score
I have 4.10's drive the car everyday. I wont look back until im making over 400whp i love them. Go 4.10's you'll be happy.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Tony Montana said:
Im more worried about traction then anything with these gears, because ill be daily driving on street tires.

95 cali you have traction problems with 3.55s?

how is ur first gear?

??? If you're so worried about traction why on earth did you supercharge your car? You know, the throttle isn't an on/off switch. My Cobra had about 570rwhp before I snapped a rod in it, and it had 4.30 gear ratio in the rear. Don't be afraid of gears. Learn to drive your car instead of slowing it down to get traction.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Tony Montana said:
Im more worried about traction then anything with these gears, because ill be daily driving on street tires.

95 cali you have traction problems with 3.55s?

how is ur first gear?

??? If you're so worried about traction why on earth did you supercharge your car? You know, the throttle isn't an on/off switch. My Cobra had about 570rwhp before I snapped a rod in it, and it had 4.30 gear ratio in the rear. Don't be afraid of gears. Learn to drive your car instead of slowing it down to get traction.

:thumb:

Stangbangin

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
This should sum up alot of questions about gears I don't think you could have put it better bro.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Blower application with 4.30s for the track I say go for it. Daily driver 3.55s or 3.73s. I have 4.10s and drive my car and hook up just fine. For me I want to have a gear when driving and has nothing to do with not knowing how to drive my car. All it comes down to is personal preference.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Just some food for thought...before I had 3.73 gears in my car I took it to the track and ran it. The next friday I installed 4.30 gears and took it back to the track that day. In the end I picked up over 7mph in the 1/4th by doing nothing but switching gears. Gears is one of the MAIN things in the combination of a car that will make or break it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online