3.73's vs. 4.10's

jpajkos

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i dont see why people complain about mpg with 4.10s you want good gas miliage get a jetta or something...

I couldn't agree more. This should end this debate. Other then that please see signature.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
wiplash said:
I'm gonna go with 355's because I like have a first gear. 410's with an auto is a different story but if you have a 5 spd and don't mind sacrificing 1st, go with 373's.

Doesn't that depend on the setup of your car? I went from 3.55's to 4.10's, I even started a thread a really long time ago discussing what I should buy and basically it always comes down to one question... What plans do you have for you car. If you want to have 500 HP & TQ and be on street tires off the track, maybe 4.10's are overkill. If you just have basic bolt-ons and you just want your car to accelerate faster, and perhaps you have fat tires and control arms in the rear.... your fine. Many people think that when you go with 4.10's you end up fucking your launches as well.... All I can say to that is learn how to drive the car. That and if gas mileage is seriously a concern when you do deal with 3.73's to 4.10's... Thats ALL on how you drive. If you mash the pedal everywhere, sure you may get "worse" gas mileage, but thats your fault.

One last small thing you could do is get 4.10's but invest in another transmission. I'm not trying to start a debate about the T-5, I just personally think you could get different gear % in First and Fifth. Anyway, either way you do go, you will be happy. Stock gears suck and thats a known fact.

purplehaze

Reaction score
3.73 for daily driver,street strip power,great for highway. 4.10 daily but less highway, revs to high on highway,good sticky tires love these gears. undecided go with 3.89/3.90 and get the best of 3.73 and 4.10. good for street/strip and good for those et street tires no biggy on gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online