3.8 to 5.0 motor n tranny swap

ss soldier

Reaction score
ok i own a 94 mustang v6 :lame:and i wana swap it to a 302 i know it can be done but i want any info you have on this subject ...
the main things i wana know are v6 drive shaft will it work? i know the 7.5 will hold and the v6 and 5.0 fuel pump will hold also v6 suspenion ? is it the same as a 5.0 ? i have coverted a 89 4cyl mustang into a carbed 302 but not a sn95 so any info would be great ....

p.s. i have a line on a 302 n aod tranny cheap BUT the intake points to the drivers side can i flip it over or should i just find a diff motor????

OP
OP
S

ss soldier

Reaction score
its not a hard question? com on anyone??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :help2: :behind:

97vertstang

Reaction score
post it on the 94-95 section.ull get more answers there. sorry i cant help.

G

GREG@SN95

ok... it aint a walk in the park and will cost some $$$$

I recomend you sell and buy a GT or cobra...

ya'll need new suspension, rear, motor, tranny should be the same, and you shouldn't need a drive shaft...

but ya'll need a new harness and its more trouble then its worth...

v8 to v8 swaps are easy

v6 to v8 are not, dont bother...

you can find a nice GT for 3grand... which is cheaper then that kinda swap... unless you do all the labor yourself and can get ahold of part failry cheap

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
like Greg said, you would be better of to just sell the 6 and find a GT or Cobra, from a financial stand point you could break even :dunno:

waltnono

Reaction score
Driveshaft is the same and you could use the 7.5 if keep'n it basic. If you goin to have a ton of power the the 7.5 won't hold up. You can fine alot of V6 guy with more power than a standard 5.0 using the stock rear end. You would need new springs for the suspension but thats it. Harness isn't much of a problem if your electricaly inclined, your 94 mustang has a 108 pin input to the computer and a 5.0 from 94-95 has a 60 pin input. You would just need a little splice'n and you would have your 5.0 harness, I've seen 94-95 engine harness on ebay from 25-$75. The swap you did for the 4cylinder should be almost the same except for the wiring if ur going fuel injection but just go carb and don't worry about the electrical part of it ;) I'm in the process of do'n a swap
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3402.0

waltnono

Reaction score
I did the same swap before I started on this new project, this is a pic of the motor that I have with the carb setup. I couldn't pass the sniffer though, I had trick flow stage 3 cam, edelbrock performer intake, demon 650carb, windsor sr. heads and a whole lot of crap I can't remember now. But if you dont have the sniffer go carb and save urself time and money.

7c4ere2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online