3.8 v6 300-350 HP mod advice?

punched281

Reaction score
3k is a lot to bolt on a blower, screw that.

Yea definitely look around to see what you can find!

LilRoush

Reaction score
Hey, a little late to the party but wanted to chime in.

Nathan (MySteed) hasn't done kits in YEARS. Don't count on that option. That price is from back when the M112 was first becoming an option. That price was (at the time) about a $1000 less than any other complete supercharger kit for the 3.8L V6 (Vortech and Pro Charger being the only two others). That being said, I'm not sure Andy (TMA Turbo) is making V6 kits anymore either.

If you pay attention to the various forums/FB V6 groups, you can find one of my old kits floating around. They go anywhere from $1500-2000. Ortiz Performance and VMP both can remote tune it for you. Avoid a knock off - they don't work and will more than likely cost you a bottom end from bad air flow. You can also find old TMA kits floating around for about $3000, if you really want a turbo. I've seen intercooled Pro Charger kits go for about $2500. I don't keep up on used Vortech prices.

As for the 3.8L vs 4.2L - unless you are planning a full build, stick to your 3.8L. Both stock bottom ends max out at the same power level...and both will get there with just boost and fuel on an otherwise stock motor.

OP
OP
N

Nash11

Reaction score
Appreciate all the feedback! This has been a huge help! Thanks to all. Putting the car back togethwr and about to paint. After that will start p&p the heads, get a cam, and p&p lower intake. Will probably get a windstar intake till i fig out what the next step is as far as turbo or supercharger. I'll put some pics up

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well let me know when you're ready for the windstar. I've got the whole kit I'll sell

OP
OP
N

Nash11

Reaction score
Okay buddy I definitely will! What all comes with the kit and how much?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's the VAP auto kit. I bought it for like $425, comes with the intake, angled tb spacer, their jig for the throttle cable, and the intake pipe. I think that's it lol. Idk what they go for anymore, shoot an offer when the time comes

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I never see mention of utilizing supercoupe parts. My 90 with a coy miller stage 3 motor and magnum powers blower did 500 with several other bolt ons. Granted that was a lot more money then what most would want To spend on a v6 it still made sense to do.

Nothing funner than humiliating camaros and v8 stangs with a big heavy thunderbird!!!!! Lol

I miss that car, I still want to take a chain saw to the s.o.b that totaled it(tree)!!!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Never messed with split port. I'm guessin since you said that, that it means nothing being compatible!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, the 99+ motors have split port heads and intakes. To use supercoupe stuff, you would have to downgrade to single port, to upgrade to a blower. It's backwards thinking when you can do the split port m112 so cheap.

pics of the supercoupe though please. I love them.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, supercoupe is a sweet setup! But split port is the way to go. I bet you could do an adaptor plate with the m90 on a split port. That would be goofy haha

LilRoush

Reaction score
Yeah, supercoupe is a sweet setup! But split port is the way to go. I bet you could do an adaptor plate with the m90 on a split port. That would be goofy haha

You mean like this M90 mock up using my boxed split port upper? :)

Sorry for the really old pics. This was back in like '05. It would work and allow use of the FMIC.

PANA8044_zpsfbe5355a.jpg

PANA8045_zps18830a05.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online