3 upstream o2 connectors?!? (which ones to use)

Reaction score
I have three upstream o2 connectors.
two that connect to the engine harness on the drivers side
and 1 that is part of the tranny harness
The engine harness is for a 98 gt(the MY of the car)
and the tranny harness is from a 2002(?)

I assume i use the ones that connect to the engine harness but I'm not sure as maybe there is only supposed to be one o2 sensor that connects to that harness( I'm using the old o2 harness from my v6

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there should be four.... two that connect to the transmission harness above the cross-over, and two that connect at the front (behind the intake manifold)

from my experience, the 96-98 transmission (or engine) harness does not mate with the 99-04 engine (or transmission) harness. I had to buy both the engine harness AND the tranny harness for my swap.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
there should be four.... two that connect to the transmission harness above the cross-over, and two that connect at the front (behind the intake manifold)

from my experience, the 96-98 transmission (or engine) harness does not mate with the 99-04 engine (or transmission) harness. I had to buy both the engine harness AND the tranny harness for my swap.
So you are saying that the 99-04 transmission harness won't work with the 96-98 engine harness? is it pinned differently or something?

dino

Reaction score
Well, for one, 99-04 used an electronic speedo sensor and the previous used a mechanical.

dino

Reaction score
What year car is it going in?

Speedcal does nothing for a mechanical speedometer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online