$300 Damn!!!

M.O.E

Reaction score
I called my local speed shop to get my steeda springs installed. They said around $300 about 5 hour labor?
She was going by what the computer said.

I rember back in the day when I had my maxima and paid 80 from a shop that is no longer around. :-[

I'll pay it cause I need this 4x4 look to go away!! I bought my spring's two year's ago (wish i whould have bought H&R) for the 5.0 but since i'm trading my bro car's, I'll just put them on my cobra.

Hopfully it drops it's where I can notice?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
5 hours?!!....holy freakin slow!! :lame: Most guys can do a complete swap in uder 2 hours.....hell,that's how long it took my friend and I on mine,and we did it on a scissor lift. I would look elsewhere if it were me. The steeda's are a 1.5" drop right? Or did you get the 1" ones?

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
5 hours?!!....holy freakin slow!! :lame: Most guys can do a complete swap in uder 2 hours.....hell,that's how long it took my friend and I on mine,and we did it on a scissor lift. I would look elsewhere if it were me. The steeda's are a 1.5" drop right? Or did you get the 1" ones?

Steeda sports... 1.5

She quoted me at that. The problem with living in albuquerque NM Is their is not a to many shop's around. It suck's!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
damn me and my friend did it in the driveway with a jack in 1.5 hours so thats 3 total without a lift.
try and get them down...atleast get them to 4 hrs

Suspect

Reaction score
damn! i can swap the rears in less than 20-30 min. gotta be some local peeps that can help out and get it done on a weekend.

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
I just checked steeda's website, and it say's about 4 hour install.
I'll see what i can do to only pay at least 4 hours.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
if you have basic mechanics tools and have some idea how to take them out and install the new ones then you should do it yourself with a freind... you might run into a couple of stubborn bolts here and there but its easy all together

S

scarface

I did mine all the way around in 1.5 hours by myself in my garage with no lift.

GDawg

Reaction score
Damn... you guys need to go down and do his springs for him... :hammer:

$80...? That's like one hour of labor. They spend at least 30 minutes pulling it in and getting coffee... :rant:

;D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you were local, me and a friend would do it for a $100 and have it done in 2 hours...

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
M.O.E said:
I called my local speed shop to get my steeda springs installed. They said around $300 about 5 hour labor?
She was going by what the computer said.

I rember back in the day when I had my maxima and paid 80 from a shop that is no longer around. :-[

I'll pay it cause I need this 4x4 look to go away!! I bought my spring's two year's ago (wish i whould have bought H&R) for the 5.0 but since i'm trading my bro car's, I'll just put them on my cobra.

Hopfully it drops it's where I can notice?
where are you located? just in case

CobraRed_96_GT

Reaction score
where are you located? just in case
werd, I did mine in 5 hours alone (only getting help for 10 mins worth of spring removal so i dont kill myself) and i put in shocks/struts too!
If you live near me i could show you how to do it and give ya a hand, it's really not that hard. I did it w/ a lift, but it's def. not required - instead of lowering the car's a-arms on stands to compress it you jack it up w/ a jack.

snoball

Reaction score
Where at in Illinois? A bunch of people live in Missourii and have done springs. Ive taken my fronts in and out about 4 times with just me and my dad and a jack. My drop is about 2 inches

fixthedoor

Reaction score
Solution:

Read up on it (online or buy a manual)
Rent some spring compressors from your local parts store
If need be buy a jack and stands
Do the work

Worst case scenario you have to spend $100 to do it yourself, unless of course you screw something up, but the job is easy and straightforward.

94Vert

Reaction score
I actually just took mine in today to have my prokit put on. they quoted me 3 hrs at $69 per hour=$207. Thats a little more than I wanted to pay but it's freakin cold here right now and I would have to do it outside.

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
if you were local, me and a friend would do it for a $100 and have it done in 2 hours...

Thanks for the offer! I live in New Mexico.
I just droped the car off this moring so im paying out the ass :eek:utofcloset:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
wow theres got to be at least one other shop around you to get a quote from....thats insane for springs... no one you know can help you out??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online