302 fired up, but having some probs

S

scarface

it will still be a mail order chip. WHen you run boost it is imperative that you have a custom dyno tune done...You may regret it if you dont.

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
Well the car put down 310 to the rear and 410 torq, shes a torqy bitch id say , lol, but at about 2500 rmps when stepping into it its pinging alittle , so its still at the shop. fuuny thing it didnt doing the pinging thing tell we took it out on the street. so hes working on that today , just wanted to keep ya updated. thanks for all the help. gil

94twinscrew

Reaction score
just remember to knock that timing back down when you install the Kb,maf and chip.....if you don't,she's going to blow. Like said above,that chip is just a generic BASE tune,just to give you transfer function,and max timing. It will be a dog,and have tons of hiccups.....believe me,i've had 4 of their tunes. None were anywhere near where they should have been. I would just set your base to 8*....10* max prior to the install. Then find a tuner that can atleast give you a afr....then talk to him about tuning out some to the glitches,and stuff. Kb tunes are either WAY rich,or WAY lean....so care should be taken.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
hey gil,

what octane did you fill her up with? That may solve your knocking problem. Also, if you get it tuned now, you will have to get it retuned after you get the kb put on. If I were you, I would just wait until you get the blower on before you get a custom tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online