315's and rolling the fenders

from6to8

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to ask about putting 315's on and if rolling the fenders and removing the quad shocks are all that needs to be done? Actually looking at some images online there doesn't appear to be much difference from the 295 that I have and the 315.......... Thoughts?

I just looked at the rules and didn't see anything about reviving an old thread. I did PM a guy who did his car from a thread in 2008.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the offset of your wheels and how low you are. If you're 1.5" or less on a drop, fenders will be fine. Any more, and you should roll them. My 295s are wider than most 315s, my rear is slammed, rolled the fenders. You can toss the quad shocks in the trash if you have aftermarket rear lower control arms. Or, literally flip the quad shock around so its in the opposite direction. Usually clears when you do that.

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
Depends on the offset of your wheels and how low you are. If you're 1.5" or less on a drop, fenders will be fine. Any more, and you should roll them. My 295s are wider than most 315s, my rear is slammed, rolled the fenders. You can toss the quad shocks in the trash if you have aftermarket rear lower control arms. Or, literally flip the quad shock around so its in the opposite direction. Usually clears when you do that.
I pm'ed a guy who had 335 on his. Didn't stick out really and if so didn't look like more than 1/4 if that. I might go with those if I like what he says about what all he had to do. Going to take it to a shop to get the fenders rolled when that time comes

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I have 335's and no they dont stick out with most offsets and yes!....roll the fenders!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My wheels are tooooo narrow. They bulge! Although not real bad, they do bulge.

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
I have 335's and no they dont stick out with most offsets and yes!....roll the fenders!
Any pics. Seeing yours would definitely go a long way in making my decision easier :)

and what width wheel?

Ballistic

Reaction score
Im over here with 285s, and i rub on the passenger side exhaust and you guys are pulling off 315s?

i-rr269Dh.jpg

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
Im over here with 285s, and i rub on the passenger side exhaust and you guys are pulling off 315s?

i-rr269Dh.jpg
when i first put on my 295 35 18's back in 01 it rubbed on pass side exhaust and we took a hammer and knocked it in some. Back then i wasn't really worried about performance and in fact the car was a V6 still at the time. This time around and whichever tire I go with after the 295s wear down I will make other adjustments besides knocking in the exhaust or knocking it in that much.

by the way i have a brand new saleen kit in the box if you are interested

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ok...let me re-state my 335 claim. My wheels came with 335 mounted and the car sat with them up under the rear, but....if my memory serves me, I didnt want to delete the tail pipes, nor did I want to beat the inner wheel wells for clearance and my fenders were not rolled. But.....335 will run given the wheel offset along with what I just described...lol. sorry!

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
833-from-20s-to-18s

Ok...let me re-state my 335 claim. My wheels came with 335 mounted and the car sat with them up under the rear, but....if my memory serves me, I didnt want to delete the tail pipes, nor did I want to beat the inner wheel wells for clearance and my fenders were not rolled. But.....335 will run given the wheel offset along with what I just described...lol. sorry!
lol so you never ran them at all?

I think there was a pic on SVT perf with a guy running them and he had tails. I'm about to check. Actually no they are 18x11 CCW's on 315's from what I read on another forum as someone used that pic i was talking about. I will just go 315 BFGs probably as I have been reading they are the widest tire over other brands of the same size. I did notice going from one brand to another 295 that they were different widths. Took me awhile to get over and get used to having less width lol. I won't go just for pricing mostly. I mean I went for good mileage rating as well but least expensive too.

BTW, as for the BFG's, drag radials mean drag tires lol? I wouldn't think so but just wondering.

Tried to add an image and I always have a hard time with sites that don't have the manage attachments at the bottom

NewcobraCCW013.jpg

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running 305s on a 11" wheel, lowered or "slammed", and i didnt roll my fenders. only thing i did was make clearance on the inside, by banging the sh*t out of it. Only issue i have is if i go up a steep driveway at the perfect angle, i will get stuck.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
833-from-20s-to-18s

lol so you never ran them at all?

I think there was a pic on SVT perf with a guy running them and he had tails. I'm about to check. Actually no they are 18x11 CCW's on 315's from what I read on another forum as someone used that pic i was talking about. I will just go 315 BFGs probably as I have been reading they are the widest tire over other brands of the same size. I did notice going from one brand to another 295 that they were different widths. Took me awhile to get over and get used to having less width lol. I won't go just for pricing mostly. I mean I went for good mileage rating as well but least expensive too.

BTW, as for the BFG's, drag radials mean drag tires lol? I wouldn't think so but just wondering.

Tried to add an image and I always have a hard time with sites that don't have the manage attachments at the bottom

NewcobraCCW013.jpg

You did good, we just don't allow the name of that other forum here :)

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
You did good, we just don't allow the name of that other forum here :)
yeah i figured it out after messing around with it some during the reply before i hit submit.

my bad, i guess people are cater to certian forums over others :D:D. All good brother

What's your thought's on my questions concerning the BFG drag radials

also looked at your build thread briefly. Very nice indeed man. I sure will have some questions for you because I'm going to do a 351(400)

If I reply to your build thread, didnt look to see how old it was, would that be reviving one too old? I would want to to be subscribed and keep up with it for future questions. Or I could save the link

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You can reply to any thread you wish but you can always reference old threads by posting links to them in your new thread! Stay away from the 351m/400m (if that's what you meant by 351(400) they're boat anchors and you'd be screwed. Stick with a Windsor based engine for parts compatibility and to make life easier.

To answer your fitment question with absolute certainty;

18x9.5" with 6.25" backspacing 275/285 tire

18x11" with 6.75" backspacing 305/315 tire

That came directly from John @ CCW. You're welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online