340 to 360RWHP

solis

Reaction score
Whats a proven combo to make 340-360RWHP on a N/A 97 cobra?
Cams/High comp and bolt-on's? i want to keep my b heads and intake, will probably do a short runner intake.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your keeping it N/A and want to keep the heads/intake then there isn't much left to play with.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Degree the exhaust cam 8° advance.

does it require adjustable cam gears? also i should of mention this is not the stock cobra engine, im using a mark 8 engine and its getting rebuild, stock stroke just higher compress pistons.
can i use the stock mark 8 cams or will i have to get different cams?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
How much compression?

My opinion? You need to sell the top end and swap to a C-head setup. They make MUCH easier power NA and should be in the 330 whp range with just headers and a CAI. You can use the 96-98 intake cams for a little more lift and reach the 340-350 range easily.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
How much compression?

My opinion? You need to sell the top end and swap to a C-head setup. They make MUCH easier power NA and should be in the 330 whp range with just headers and a CAI. You can use the 96-98 intake cams for a little more lift and reach the 340-350 range easily.

if i remember correctly 10.6 to 1, pistons are from MODMAX. i want to keep my be heads because, i already bought IMRC deletes and short runner intake. i also have 47lb injector and a modified fuel rail with a 90mm maf.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
if i remember correctly 10.6 to 1, pistons are from MODMAX. i want to keep my be heads because, i already bought IMRC deletes and short runner intake. i also have 47lb injector and a modified fuel rail with a 90mm maf.

You’ll be going in the right direction but I think you may fall short using stock cams. A nice set of custom cams or at least a well thought out combo using OFS aftermarket cams (off the shelf) will get you where you want to be.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Cams, compression, and RPM. And maybe some E85 for good measure. I would look into custom cams as anymore it seems they cost the same as off the shelf cams. And don't forget things like headers and such.

Are you going to have the heads worked on at all?

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Cams, compression, and RPM. And maybe some E85 for good measure. I would look into custom cams as anymore it seems they cost the same as off the shelf cams. And don't forget things like headers and such.

Are you going to have the heads worked on at all?

they will get a rebuilt, port work is really expensive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
maybe I missed it but the most important detail about this question you ask us has been left out. What is the budget? No matter what our dreams are the budget almost always wins...

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
maybe I missed it but the most important detail about this question you ask us has been left out. What is the budget? No matter what our dreams are the budget almost always wins...

my Budget is around 7k for the engine, no real goals just want a reliable 340+hp. MY budget is not limited, i can spend 10k+ on 4.6L but i'l rather go with a coyote at that point. I want to keep my t45 which is another limiting factor.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Build your t45..easy to do good parts are about 1000. and the results are worth it. People that drive my car say the trans is the best part, really changes the whole car.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Build your t45..easy to do good parts are about 1000. and the results are worth it. People that drive my car say the trans is the best part, really changes the whole car.

been looking to build my t45 but so far no place does in my area, same with places ive looked online.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
With 7K I'd seriously be looking at a blower set up. But that's just me.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
With 7K I'd seriously be looking at a blower set up. But that's just me.

i have a new P1SC tunner kit , will be sold tho to fund other projects. I also don't want just another SC cobra, i love N/A builds. I'm currently pricing out a Coyote swap, so far its 12k+ for just parts, luckily i can install everything, except the wiring.

Mainly i was looking for advice from people that done this kind of build, but so far it looks like no ones has done it, with very few people that actuality have done it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$12k go do a coyote swap?!? Seems high to me. There’s a few here who have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
$12k go do a coyote swap?!? Seems high to me. There’s a few here who have done it.

if i want to use a different trans the price goes up, any 400hp capable trans cost 2k+.

TheStag

Reaction score

I’ve got about 3 different Coyote swap excel spreadsheets where I play with different parts I’m willing to compromise on in order to get the swap done... the least expensive one is $9K in parts. That’s assuming I buy an F-150 Coyote and do not install the Mustang intake cams. It’s not the motors that are expensive, it’s the peripherals that jack that price through the roof.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
I’ve got about 3 different Coyote swap excel spreadsheets where I play with different parts I’m willing to compromise on in order to get the swap done... the least expensive one is $9K in parts. That’s assuming I buy an F-150 Coyote and do not install the Mustang intake cams. It’s not the motors that are expensive, it’s the peripherals that jack that price through the roof.

100% agreed, the little thing drive the price up, some you can manage other you have no choice. I also have like 5 list going lol. I can't do wire work so if i do a coyote swap, i have to farm the tune/wiring out and it wont be cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online