351 swap.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
So at tax time I'm planning the swap. I have most everything I need . Lemme know if I'm missing something please. Windsor block ,victor jr heads ported to match trickflow upper and lower intake, comp roller rockers,trickflow double row timing ,stage two trickflow cam,msd ignition, shorty swap headers,and from what I've read. All accessories swap over. Plan on getting 28oz flywheel and balancer. Will oil pan swap from 5 liter?oh and 30lb injectors,and drop mounts. ?received_2789279981331433.jpg20201209_164003.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Sorry everyone else must have been at the inaugural ball or some shit... You will need a swap oil pan for the 351W, the 302 pan won't fit, from the rest of it, it seems like you've got it under control.. The swap drop mounts are a good idea. And I'm not sure about the tune but you'll prolly need to have someone help with the tune on your ECU... Maybe someone will drop in when they get back from the ball???

dcm0123

Reaction score
Distributor will not swap. Plenty of F150 351's had the same style distributer as the 94/95. My block was out of a 94 with roller lifters.
Drivers Exhaust manifold will not clear steering in 94/95. Was one made for 95 351W Mustang which you can find aftermarket.
Lower intake needs to be changed. Not sure if fuel rails have to be changed, I used an aftermarket.
Flywheel and balancer has to match year of 351W you are using. There are two versions for 351W.
Not sure about clutch.
Will need to make some modifications using 1/2" copper pipe to EGR valve riser pipe if you want to use it.
Depending on what heads you have you may have to drill head bolt holes oversize and buy larger diameter dowels to align the head to block. Trick Flow heads had to be drilled slightly oversize using a hand drill.

Everything on front will bolt up but will need a longer belt.
Remember to swap the TC and WP if your donor engine is not set up for the serpentine belt. Check TC casting for corrosion around the water ports and replace with a new one if corroded.
Mounts can be used. If you use an aftermarket oil pan with drop mounts check oil pan to steering rack clearance. I had poly mounts and ended up going solid with 1/4" spacers between mounts and block to clear rack with a 7 quart pan.

You may want to start with the factory injectors to see how it runs then increase them. Changing them may require other changes such as fuel to air calibration in the computer.

If you are looking for something you are going to push the limit on the 351W is a good choice. Factory lower end can take a lot more power than the 302.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online