351w block for my 1997 mustang GT?

Englishbully

Reaction score
So ,I have ran into a new dilemma.my father has a 1987 Ford f150 with a 351 Windsor motor with 75k miles .any how he hasnt decided what to do with the truck.sell it or junk it.its rotted out pretty good but still runs great.i was hoping that he will let me take the motor and tranny out and junk the rest of the truck.maybee do an engine build with the motor and use the block in my 1997 mustang GT.my question is ,can this be done .can I use the block ?I am not and engine man I am a body man and I haven't asked any qualified Ford engine builders if this is possible.remember my car has to pass emissions .what would I need to use the block and heads .thanks in advance

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
^ Yup, youre screwed with emissions. After that, The k member has to be swapped, the transmission wont bolt up, the fuel system wont be right. Its a whole lot of work to do this. Might be worth it to some, but I dont think the work would be anywhere close to being worth it in the end.

Reaction score
^ Yup, youre screwed with emissions. After that, The k member has to be swapped, the transmission wont bolt up, the fuel system wont be right. Its a whole lot of work to do this. Might be worth it to some, but I dont think the work would be anywhere close to being worth it in the end.

You would spend a whole lot of time and effort to do this swap and you would still end up with a <200 rwhp hacked together car.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
or

You can sell the '97 in favor of a 94/95 car, ditch the cam/lifters for a set of $500 linked bar, roller lifters + E303 cam and then literally bolt everything from the 5.0 onto it (with the exception of the lower intake) and have a blast melting the tires with 350+ lb ft of torque but probably only 230-240 hp.

351w swaps are pricey and can be complicated or very simple...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online