351W Who has done it?

Downshift

Reaction score
Well next semester I will be required to rebuild a block for my engine class. I have been toying with the idea of doing a 351W Block and sticking it in my car after it is done. I have been researching it and have not had the best results so I figured I would see who has done it or helped do it or knows where I can find more information and point me in the right direction.
I cant seem to find anything on putting one into an sn95 body only fox body. Will the stock ecu work at all? Just a tune or what?
Im sure I will think of more questions but thanks anyway.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Wow thanks man Im sure that will help out a ton I just need some time to read it haha. THanks.

g00se04

Reaction score
that reall is some good info on that page. Hopefully I will be doing the swap soon too!

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I as well will be doing this swap except I want a stroker 351 maybe 393ish. I wonder how my heads and intake will flow with that many cubes.

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
do they really believe a 302 block can only handle 400hp? i have never heard of a 302 blowing at or around that level of hp output. that seems significantly low. also 302's do flex with high hp applications and there are strong girdles that help significantly (arp). i am in no means saying that 302's can handle more power than the very thick 351 blocks but i wouldn't call them weak. i am wrong here?
-jus want to add "theres no replacement for displacement" and i'd love to have a 351 or a stroked 351 under my hood"

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Well I am going to look at a complete engine Saturday I found on the internet. Still in the truck so I can see how well its running first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online