363 build?

daves94vert

Reaction score
If you were doing an NA dart 363 street car, what intake would you use? I have an extra systemax I can send out to be ported or sell and get another? What would you do? This would not be an all out NA effort. A hot street car that can keep up with today's modern muscle.

kb1982

Reaction score
I agree with 95Opals suggestion on the elbow and victor intake. Wont have any valve cover clearance issues to deal with either. It just depends on what parts you have already and your budget.

OP
OP
D

daves94vert

Reaction score
Ok the elbow sounds good. What about the tfs r? What supporting cast did you want to know about? Right now I have 1&5/8" longtubes and am going with 1&3/4 rest of exhaust will remain 2.5 Mac Pro chamber with flow paths. Maf will come later when motor arrives. Throttle body is an accufab 75 mm. My old tfs heads flow like [email protected] if I can remember right. Not the greatest but not bad for hand porting. Anything else?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
The tfsr long runner will outflow your heads. No reason for a bigger intake than that unless you really want to kill the low end.

kb1982

Reaction score
My only experience with the vic jr has been on a carbed 355 Chevy with double hump heads. Went from the performer rpm to the vic jr. I couldnt notice any loss in bottom end, but it really shined in the 4k plus rpms, but the truck was a light s10. With the stroke of a 363 being close and the bore being bigger, I wouldnt hesitate to slap an efi version on my mustang. Wished I could find someone that hated the intake and would swap my systemax for it. Dirt track racers always had deals on used chevy parts, the ford parts are less common.The super victor now, i would stay away from

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
My only experience with the vic jr has been on a carbed 355 Chevy with double hump heads. Went from the performer rpm to the vic jr. I couldnt notice any loss in bottom end, but it really shined in the 4k plus rpms, but the truck was a light s10. With the stroke of a 363 being close and the bore being bigger, I wouldnt hesitate to slap an efi version on my mustang. Wished I could find someone that hated the intake and would swap my systemax for it. Dirt track racers always had deals on used chevy parts, the ford parts are less common.The super victor now, i would stay away from
Afaik the only way to get a vic jr anymore is to have bungs welded into a carb version, plus you need an elbow. Personally I've always found them to be really ugly.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Personally, I would just port what you have. No use getting a new intake when you have one that is plenty capable of meeting your goals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online