393 take an LS1>?

Stangbangin

Reaction score
would a 393 would basically the same setup I have on my 306 except for bigger injectors and some other things take an LS1>

Factory Freak

Reaction score
hell yes dude. i can almost hang with my buddys ls1 and it has full exhaust with long tubes dyno'ed at 321 to the wheels.

G

GREG@SN95

393 with what you have in your sig would beat stock ls1

your 306 would too :)

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
to tell you the truth I have shy'd away from running any ls1's just because I know what they can do. I figured ith the shot I could get them with what i got now. but all motor i'd be raped. hopefully when the stroker goes in I'll be able to get them all motor

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
to tell you the truth I have shy'd away from running any ls1's just because I know what they can do. I figured ith the shot I could get them with what i got now. but all motor i'd be raped. hopefully when the stroker goes in I'll be able to get them all motor
Are u still getting rid of your 306?

97vertstang

Reaction score
most ls1s run mid to high 13s. in the street. most are stock and u should be able to take them on the street. in the strip ,however, most are modded and running at least mid 12s or faster.that u will need a stroker and or a supercharger.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
would a 393 would basically the same setup I have on my 306 except for bigger injectors and some other things take an LS1>

hmmmmm do you think :hammer: :hammer:

That stroker would give you probally 80-100 more hp and like TQ to boot :dancing6:

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Factory Freak said:
hell yes dude. i can almost hang with my buddys ls1 and it has full exhaust with long tubes dyno'ed at 321 to the wheels.

Right....as long as you think "almost hanging" is being able to still tell that "those are Camaro tail lights".

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
5.HOE said:
most ls1s run mid to high 13s. in the street. most are stock and u should be able to take them on the street. in the strip ,however, most are modded and running at least mid 12s or faster.that u will need a stroker and or a supercharger.

With a Half decent driver, they are Mid to LOW 13 second cars and with a fantastic driver I have seen them dip into the 12.9s. Do not under estimate them.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
:blah2: This has been beat to death. With a "Half decent driver" they are like said before...mid to high 13 second cars. With a great driver they are low 13 second cars. This is stock ofcourse. I have NEVER seen a stock LS1 run in the 12's.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
:blah2: This has been beat to death. With a "Half decent driver" they are like said before...mid to high 13 second cars. With a great driver they are low 13 second cars. This is stock ofcourse. I have NEVER seen a stock LS1 run in the 12's.

I have not seen it in person, but I can recall reading several diffrent articles and mag clips that claimed to have stock LS1 cars to brush the high 12's

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:

I have seen a STOCK ls1 dip into the 12's. Stock all the way down to the tires. How do I know it was stock? The fact that it was my own brother who owns the car.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
And I owned a stock 99 Cobra that ran 13.1 bone stock. How did it run that? Because I said so...

See how easy that was?

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Truth is I've ran a dark green LS1 on ET Streets that ran 13.3. I've also seen my old friends automatic LS1 WS6 with 4.10 gears, dual exhaust, intake, blah blah blah run 12.8. I've never seen a stock one come close to 12.9 in the 1/4th mile. Can they do it? Maybe... Is it the average ET with a good driver? NOPE!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
And I owned a stock 99 Cobra that ran 13.1 bone stock. How did it run that? Because I said so...

See how easy that was?

mine ran a 13.4 stock :santa_cool:

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:

See how easy that was?

What reason do I have to lie to you? I am a fellow mustang brother. I'm just not biased about cars. I like them all and therefore I am going to tell you what I know for sure they are capable of and what I have seen. Do you think I honestly care if you don't believe me? Your not hurting my feelings any and I don't have to prove anything to you. I've seen the car run and I have driven the car. I know plenty well what it has done and what it is capable of. Post again if you like, for I will not due to the factor of your rude-ness.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
all right guys, lets get along now :santa_rolleyes: we got off subject here and went on a venture on weather a stock Ls1 can break 12's........lets get back on the thread topic.

97vertstang

Reaction score
whatever they run (never seen one run 12s stock , myself) the point is in the street, most people drive around with stock tires and paper filter.which wont be problem for a 393.in the strip or in car getogethers, theyre fierced cars.a bolt on ls1s are running mid 12s and nitroused, cammed or blown ls1 are running 11s to 10s some evem 9s on the t56.no matter what u do ur never going to be the fastest theres always gonna be someone faster than u. but if u want to spank most "street" cars out there, i say a low 12 sec recipe should do the trick.

G

GREG@SN95

ls1 will run low 12s with 4.10s and DRs + a good driver... mid 13s stock...

a 393 with traction can hit 11s with a good driver

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
ls1 will run low 12s with 4.10s and DRs + a good driver... mid 13s stock...

a 393 with traction can hit 11s with a good driver

So i'll still be in like the high 12's??! :help2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online