4.10s are in..

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Picked up the car.. 4.10s are in, tlok rebuild, bearings, 70mm tb.. speedcal will go on sunday and the gears will be adjusted a bit (tiny whine).. So i pull out and hit it, thing ****ing rips.. 1st gear all tire spinning, shifted into 2nd nicely, normal driving shifts fine.. DOESN'T BANG THE REV LIMITER. Gonna drive it normal for a few days just to play it safe. so happy

GT Rob

Reaction score
Nice. Im looking a 70 mm T/B which one you go with. It's a big different when the gears are in right

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3Bng5tGl.jpg

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Let them settle for about 300 miles and then let it rip. You don't want to do gears again.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
yeah, gear changes are the best, and if you put a shift kit on it you'll fall in love lol. To bad Ford transmissions are not the best, and a shift would kill it in no time.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, gear changes are the best, and if you put a shift kit on it you'll fall in love lol. To bad Ford transmissions are not the best, and a shift would kill it in no time.

oh yeah couldn't agree more. might beef it up in the future, idk tho. shifts actually felt a little firmer

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Shift kit and a RV cooler and you'll be good. Your don't thrash on the car hard enough anyway.

Tommy92

Reaction score
What rpm are you in on the freeway say ~70mph? I want 4.10s for the Mach 1 in the future but don't want to make it unusable on the highway.

joekd

Reaction score
Finally huh?

go on sunday and the gears will be adjusted a bit (tiny whine)

Not to sound like an ass but that means the installer didn't shim them right and needs to do it all over again? That also means opening it up again, will they be reusing your fluid?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Finally huh?

Not to sound like an ass but that means the installer didn't shim them right and needs to do it all over again? That also means opening it up again, will they be reusing your fluid?

That whining is not good at all. I'd get that fixed ASAP. Ask me how I know... (2 sets of gears and axles in my dads car only to end up driving 3 hours to pick up a low mileage OEM rear end and call it a day)

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Finally huh?

Glad someone else said it and not me this time. People tend to think I'm a Internet Bully.

RichV

Reaction score
Buncha bullies. :D

I bet they're a kick, but 4:10s probably kill your top end don't they?

Let the shop do what they do. If they ****ed up, they should take responsibility. After I rebuilt my Tlok I got a little whine/noise that went away, maybe you're just listening too hard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online