4.6 2v power a little low??

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Thats what i thought, really as long as you can keep the heads and intake flowing these 2v love compression. The higher the better

Thats why mine is 12:1 and I just helped a buddy do a 13:1 to build. The sound is like no other! lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
10.5 is low compression. And runs ok on a stock tune. Any higher needs a good dyno tune.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
10.5 is low compression. And runs ok on a stock tune. Any higher needs a good dyno tune.
[MENTION=17007]RichV[/MENTION] this is the guy to talk to, the rest of us dabble in the compression pudding while [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] baths in it.
And blak, yes 10.5:1 is low that is why i stated messing with deck heights. Im not sure he is ready for squish talk, and head deck heights, and so on "oh wise master"

Hehe

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My last post there was a quick, in a rush type post. I wasnt trying to correct you or anyone.

Ive been so busy lately!!!! I feel my post quality is going south.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You're on the money there. That's why my V6 gave the PI cars a good run :)

226/245 minus the weight.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
My last post there was a quick, in a rush type post. I wasnt trying to correct you or anyone.

Ive been so busy lately!!!! I feel my post quality is going south.

Hey, i know how you feel. Been so busy at work i cant do the research and development, post (try to help as much as i can while learning as much as i can) that i want. Now if i was only independently wealthy.....

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Income straight to my pockets. Thats how business goes! So....just deal with it

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
260 is the HP limit for CMC, so that's all he needs to get to. At the tires of course.

So then if you're starting with a bone stock 2v PI 4.6, allowable mods are:
-CAI (not in the fender)
-LT headers
-any exhaust
-timing adjuster
-adj FPR
-must retain stock compression

No tuning allowed, can it be made to make 260?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Take the cams out and hand stone the opening ramp on the exhaust lobes.....lol. Should bump hp up a little. Also solid lash the intake valves. Heck....pull the heads off and lap the valves in real good will bring in 10hp

Nighttrain

Reaction score
260 is the HP limit for CMC, so that's all he needs to get to. At the tires of course.

So then if you're starting with a bone stock 2v PI 4.6, allowable mods are:
-CAI (not in the fender)
-LT headers
-any exhaust
-timing adjuster
-adj FPR
-must retain stock compression

No tuning allowed, can it be made to make 260?

Is this a street car as well? Only mods that can be seen? If you can do an adjustable fpr can you do a pump and injectors? Do theybdo a compression test? Lol not saying to cheat but......what they dont know dont hurt em lol. Doing a slight cam regrind and solid lash adjusters like blak suggested would give you a noticable increase for a factory set up.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Is this a street car as well? Only mods that can be seen? If you can do an adjustable fpr can you do a pump and injectors? Do theybdo a compression test? Lol not saying to cheat but......what they dont know dont hurt em lol. Doing a slight cam regrind and solid lash adjusters like blak suggested would give you a noticable increase for a factory set up.

Dedicated race car. You can do pulleys as well.

Usually nothing is checked for legality, you need a dyno sheet each season. You can get protested and sent to the dyno. At national events, they may check compression, but it's rare. Cheating to make the allowable #s or cheating to give yourself an unfair advantage is different IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online