4.6 in an 88 ranger...

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
so...I've got my eye on this old ranger...things ratted out, but they only want $550 ... think I could learn a lot from doing something w/this truck... and thoughts on the pheasibillity of dropping my 02 engine/auto trans into this ranger????

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My buddy has a 92 ranger haha biggest POS ever. Well not really its the base version, non 4x4, stick, no AC, roll up windows, I mean it runs, but I dunno I was talking to him about it and putting a 5.0 motor in it

S

scarface

so are you parting it out again ??? I say PART IT :) (no hidden agenda in there..lol )

OP
OP
rick focks

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
all options are being considered...I went to some ranger forums and saw it...i think it'd be a lot easier to do a nice carburated 302...

OP
OP
rick focks

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
OMFG I just went to some ranger forums...there's ALOT of v8 rangers running 14s or 15s... :lame: I'm probably going to do this build, but keep it mild...if I do go v8 I decided on a carburated 347, fresh 5spd and built rearend...maybe some laughing gas...MAYBE...but I think I'm still going to get the truck because it's so cheap and build it up for my son to drive one day...13 year deadline...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rick said:
OMFG I just went to some ranger forums...there's ALOT of v8 rangers running 14s or 15s... :lame: I'm probably going to do this build, but keep it mild...if I do go v8 I decided on a carburated 347, fresh 5spd and built rearend...maybe some laughing gas...MAYBE...but I think I'm still going to get the truck because it's so cheap and build it up for my son to drive one day...13 year deadline...

8 rangers only doing 14's and 15's ??? ??? ??? what the hell is in them?? I would think the ranger is LIGHT compared to my heavy ass L, so it would not take a lot of power to get them down the track :dunno:

OP
OP
rick focks

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Rick said:

8 rangers only doing 14's and 15's ??? ??? ??? what the hell is in them?? I would think the ranger is LIGHT compared to my heavy ass L, so it would not take a lot of power to get them down the track :dunno:
they were giving 3200+ lbs weights...i think most don't have suspension or the proper rearend to get it moving ... I wasn't expecting to do much but that's ridiculous...I'm pretty set on getting the truck...but I'm going to take this opportunity to learn how to do some paint/body work and interior work ... i might do a 302/347 or the likes MUCH later...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rick said:
Snakebit said:
Rick said:

they were giving 3200+ lbs weights...i think most don't have suspension or the proper rearend to get it moving ... I wasn't expecting to do much but that's ridiculous...I'm pretty set on getting the truck...but I'm going to take this opportunity to learn how to do some paint/body work and interior work ... i might do a 302/347 or the likes MUCH later...

you would think for someone to go to the trouble of doing a 8 swap that they would ( since they take it to the track ) go ahead and get the proper rear end ( axle, springs, shocks, UCA, LCA's ) so the truck could take advantage of that power :boink:

OP
OP
rick focks

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
didn't look ... i've owned a 98 and a 99 and really liked them, but I think I like this look better
there's a 93+ in there with a DOHC running in the 14s ... that's just a big waste in my book...so much work for so little results

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rick said:
didn't look ... i've owned a 98 and a 99 and really liked them, but I think I like this look better
there's a 93+ in there with a DOHC running in the 14s ... that's just a big waste in my book...so much work for so little results

damn a 4 valve and only 14's :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: something must be offffff with that deal :dunno: :dunno:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
haha nice and old....

they are putting a 4V out of a Marauder in one on the TV Show Trucks on SpikeTV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online