4.6 Into a Foxbody

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
They should be pretty close to fitting just like on the sn. If you keep the sn a-arms, the front wheels will probably stick out a bit. With the sn rear end and those wheels, they might be perfectly flush or they may stick out a bit. That will kind of be a trial and error thing.

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
I'd hate to give up my 10.5 Bulitts or have to roll the fender lip. The wheels are standard sn95 offset, whatever that is. I'll post some pictures of the 96 tomorrow
Jim

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Putting 10.5s on the rear of a fox is hard. Some inner and outer fender rolling is required for sure.

You don't see too many foxes with 315s out back.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I'm talking street cars.

No tubs, or mini tub stuff. Just a good ole 17x10.5 wheel

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
I don't think I really want to mini tub the car. I'll just have to see what I can find on this. It looks like I could get Ranger axles and modify the disc brake mounting brackets to give me more clearance. Trial and error, I guess. Here's a photo of my 96 GT.

neverenuff

Reaction score
+1 on what lwarrior said. An sn95 is an updated fox body essentially. The rear with disc brakes should fit (might have to roll the fenders) back seats will be different due to size and panels. The front seats should swap over up until 2004, k member from a pushrod and a mod motor is different, a hydroboost with antilock is ideal for a fox. The front spindle from a SN would swap but you will have an offset. Fox bodies are plagued with poor braking all around and a brake swap will help. Look forward to the end result!

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I don't think I really want to mini tub the car. I'll just have to see what I can find on this. It looks like I could get Ranger axles and modify the disc brake mounting brackets to give me more clearance. Trial and error, I guess. Here's a photo of my 96 GT.

Thats a nice lookin car.....sure you want to use that as a donor?

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
It's. 50-50 car, 50 feet at 50 mph. Paint is falling off it, there's rear quarter damage, and I don't know the extent of it. I couldn't do the swap without it, though

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
Well, life does have its twists and turns, doesn't it? I thought I was going to pick up an 83 vert, but wound up buying an 84 notch roller. The PO had stripped it to get ready to do a color change. That really worked to my favor, as I was going to strip it all out, anyways. It's actually pretty fugly, but I'm really looking forward to working on it. I'll have to post pictures Monday.

Jim

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Well, life does have its twists and turns, doesn't it? I thought I was going to pick up an 83 vert, but wound up buying an 84 notch roller. The PO had stripped it to get ready to do a color change. That really worked to my favor, as I was going to strip it all out, anyways. It's actually pretty fugly, but I'm really looking forward to working on it. I'll have to post pictures Monday.

Jim

Cool, 84 has a funky front end right? Id do a 92-93 front end swap myself

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
I'm going with an 86 GT front bumper cover. I really like the 4-eye look, so I'll stay with that. Same with the quarter Windows. It just makes it more unique, IMO.

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online