4.6 Noobular tranny advice

4.6 MoDRoD

Reaction score
Hey fellas! New to the site here, and i just got a 98 GT 5 speed vert with a broken tranny (gears are beat), and have a couple questions. I also own an 88 GT vert that i've modded, but this is my first mod-motor. I've stalked the forums for a while before joining up, and have decided to do the PI cam and intake swap as soon as i get the tranny problem worked out, and probably will just compliment with basic bolt ons (CAI, 3.73's, exhaust,yada yada). Anyway, my question is should i have a local shop rebuild this tranny (stock t45), or should i get one from http://www.thedrivenman.com/ke/ford/Transmissions/T-45R.htm? I'm on a tight budget (as is most everyone else) and this one should be able to handle the power i plan on making with this car.

Just building a fun car, not a race car, so i'm not going to beat on this car too bad and need to know if this tranny is worth buying, or should i go another route (keep in mind im po) :dunno:

Bluesn95

Reaction score
For your own sake save the money and buy a TKO 500/600. . . . you'll thank me later

OP
OP

4.6 MoDRoD

Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
For your own sake save the money and buy a TKO 500/600. . . . you'll thank me later

Well, like i said i'm only doing bolt-on's and a PI cam/intake swap on this car and don't plan on beating on it too much (have the fox for that >:D). Soo im hoping not to have to spend a bunch of money on the swap, but i want something i know has some fresh parts in it. The stock tranny had no problems in the 92,000 miles on the car until the previous owner (my dad) put a new clutch in it and was all excited to have his car running again and didn't put any fluid back in the tranny and chewed up the guts :hammer:. Anyway, $3000 and i got myself a one owner sexy sn95.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Take it from the guy who's had three t-45's, including a high-end pro-motion T-45. Save you money and buy either the TKO mentioned above, or a T56 like I did, you'll be money ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online