4.6 stroker?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by bigjohnson4.6gt, Apr 24, 2007.

1. bigjohnson4.6gt

bigjohnson4.6gt Well-Known Member

does anyone here have a 4.6 stroked out to like a 302 or a 307? I know there is a guy on mustangforums.com with a red 99gt who has his 4.6 stroked out to a 5.0 and it sounds mint. Im just curious if anyone did it to theirs

2. seth_96_gt

seth_96_gt Active Member

i know dalamer has that done to his car

3. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

one of my local buddies has his bored and stroked to a 324

4. WODY281

WODY281 Guest

yeah mines stroked as well. Its stroked to a 5.1L O0

5. bigjohnson4.6gt

i know dalamar is doing his, Woody do you have any vids of your car, how much power are you making out of that?

6. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

Stroker? What's done exactly?

7. bigjohnson4.6gt

a kit consists of new pistons, connecting rods, and a bigger crankshaft than stock. It promotes a bigger stroke for the crankshaft to turn over, which gives off an increase of power and displacement

8. WODY281

WODY281 Guest

Nah man I don't have any vids of it. I'm not real good with the computer lol. :dunno: But I do have some pics but its just of the outside. It made pretty good power but I was hoping for a little more. With some juice it made 411 :banana: but i'd like to add a vortech or ATI. Nitrous is great but to me you can't beat a charger. Plus its the only thing I got left to do to it. Other than that its completely moded out the :ass3:

9. bigjohnson4.6gt

thats sick

10. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

I wouldn't stroke my 4.6L as it already has a long stroke to begin with. Big Bore is where the power comes from.

11. WODY281

WODY281 Guest

Apreicate it bigjohnson4.6gt, took a long ass time to get it there! As far as the stroker vs big bore, I got great power with my stroker. ;D I'm really not sure about big bore, but hey if it makes it then do it!

12. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

Some 304 BigBore kits have made 450 rwhp with decent mods

13. WODY281

WODY281 Guest

By decent mods I'm assuming you mean charging/turbo or nitrous????

14. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

Naturally aspirated with a good heads and cams selection and intake.

15. WODY281

WODY281 Guest

:lol: Your telling me a GT...hell even a cobra with a big bore, heads, cams, intake will make that? lol :rollinglaugh: your full of shit dude. 450rwhp is ALOT of hp thats 530 or more at the fly. Hell even if you supercharged or juiced your big bore you would find it hard to get that kinda HP. Think about your stock 190rwhp or so Vs. 450rwhp. Do you really think its going to add that much with those mods? Thats over 130% more than a stock gt. My buddy owns a dyno service and has so for years, and I have NEVER seen an Na GT make that kinda hp..stroker or big bore. It would be nice but reality is reality.

16. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

I was referring to a 4V. However you included that into your comment. So I will reply to this as I see fit educating you because you lack it(I can be a dickhead too).

See this is why at times this site irritates the hell out of me and frankly I am getting sick of this place where people are doubting the correct info that is being put out!! You have people that call me full of shit when they really don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. The modular community is large, very large. There is alot out there and alot of fast cars making high hp. You shouldn't be so blind denying my info when you haven't proven why it is incorrect. However, I will prove my point as i always back up my facts that I post on this site.

Here is the info on Nazman from Modular Depot's car making 452 rwhp ALL MOTOR 4V That you claim I am so full of shit about. Oh and runs [email protected]
    http://forums.modulardepot.com/4-6l-4v-tech/78227-my-big-bore-dyno-analysis-beans-bullets.html

I think you sir have proven you put your foot in your mouth. I don't see you laughing now!

I will accept your apology :aresehole:

17. bigjohnson4.6gt

alright guys, calm down here

18. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Don't 4.6's already have the same stroke as a 351?

19. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

Pretty close to it.

20. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

lol, wow. that turned sour for a while

nazmans car is insane. 450rwhp N/A is sweet. i've always loved that set-up he has