4.6 supercharger build

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Hey all! I have a 97 GT that I am building the motor for. The only things I re-used from the bottom end was the block and crank. Both were fine and met the requirements for my goal (500rwhp). I had forged Mahle pistons, Scat H-beam rods, moly piston rings, hp race crank/rod bearings and ARP fasteners installed. I purchased a set of used PI heads and they are currently having CMS stage 2 springs, retainers/seals and Manley intake/exhaust valves installed. I also picked up a set of CMS stage 2.5 blower cams :) Let me know what y'all think so far. Any advice or help is appreciated!

d30e13e5e6321a063529d1132b9b6ed7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Most likely a vortech or procharger. But I have a little time on that. I'm using a PI intake at first and need to do my homework on intake manifolds. But what I have seen so far, the PI is solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Exactly!

Keep the build low cost will increase success finishing. Itll be running in no time at all.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Yes sir! Waiting on the heads to get done and the cams to come in with the new followers and adjusters then it's assembly time :)

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Should be a fun little build! Can't go wrong with a centri, super reliable and will make great power. Best of luck with it, for your goals more than likely a PI manifold will be fine. What compression/fuel?

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
I am unsure on the compression/fuel. I will be running the motor N/A for a little bit to get the suspension worked out before the centri. I need to do more research on the fuel part. I have heard those focus set fuel pumps are solid and 60lb injectors aught to do it. I do believe the compression will be 10.1. I have 18cc dished pistons and the PI heads with Manley valves so I am thinking in the 9.1-10.1 range

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I am unsure on the compression/fuel. I will be running the motor N/A for a little bit to get the suspension worked out before the centri. I need to do more research on the fuel part. I have heard those focus set fuel pumps are solid and 60lb injectors aught to do it. I do believe the compression will be 10.1. I have 18cc dished pistons and the PI heads with Manley valves so I am thinking in the 9.1-10.1 range

I used to run Manley 18cc pistons, PI heads, no decking to the block and i forget the compressed thickness of the gaskets but I was right around 9.5:1, so you should be right in that range as well.

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
I used to run Manley 18cc pistons, PI heads, no decking to the block and i forget the compressed thickness of the gaskets but I was right around 9.5:1, so you should be right in that range as well.

Man that's the piece of info I needed! Thank you! I didn't have any specs of a similar mod motor to give me an idea of what my compression will be. Now I do :) thank you!

Can't wait to see what the motor feels like when it's n/a. Last time I drove the car it was just the NPI motor with a PI intake, bassani catted x and flowmaster catback. That idle is going to be nice :)

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Man that's the piece of info I needed! Thank you! I didn't have any specs of a similar mod motor to give me an idea of what my compression will be. Now I do :) thank you!

Can't wait to see what the motor feels like when it's n/a. Last time I drove the car it was just the NPI motor with a PI intake, bassani catted x and flowmaster catback. That idle is going to be nice :)

No problem! And you'll be setting yourself up good for when you do boost, 9.5:1 is perfect to throw tons of boost at if you ever wish :)

I'm sure it will feel like a whole new car. And if you are impressed with the n/a setup wait until you slap a centri on and really wake her up!

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
No problem! And you'll be setting yourself up good for when you do boost, 9.5:1 is perfect to throw tons of boost at if you ever wish :)

I'm sure it will feel like a whole new car. And if you are impressed with the n/a setup wait until you slap a centri on and really wake her up!

Fantastic! This is my first motor build. Happy to hear that my goals are achievable and then some!

Lol ya n/a is going to be fun and then the centri ooo man. I can't wait! Been thinking about this build for 10 years now haha

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
cc62e357136d7f42f1ad1e6a3e9b9deb.jpg

1ba1e68a3c671fc81c84eb6d82ad160f.jpg

More parts came in :) I will be getting the heads back next Tuesday and have this thing running by next weekend!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Will do! I'm pumped, can't wait. Plenty of pics will be taken [emoji1303]

I enjoy looking at the pictures lol. You said you should have this thing running next week, youre meaning built, in the car, running, right?

Also, cant help but notice your name is rolltide. I take it youre in Alabama?

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Ya I'll have it in the car running Thursday or Friday of next week. Can't wait to hear those cams.

Lol ya my parents went to school in Tuscasloosa but we live in Georgia. Dad was born in Mobile too

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Are you going to dyno it?

Yes. Next week when I have the cash flow. Until that point, nice easy driving. Just worried that the thing may not want to idle with the cams on the stock tune

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
341c724c2a424b0f129de92deed2747b.jpg

Heads came back this morning :) I will start piecing the motor together tonight :)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Those are purdy!

Got some nice valves in there, everything is nice and clean. Make sure all your oil galley plugs are installed, especially the ones on the bottom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online