4.6L Engine w/ P-1SC Procharger Serpentine Belt Information

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I broke my serpentine belt last weekend and I had some problems trying to find a replacement. The belt is 6 rib and 114 inches. I searched and searched based on the ProCharger numbers that I found on the belt itself and didn't really yield any results. After cross referencing numbers at AutoZone for nearly an hour, here are the part numbers we came up with:

ProChagrer: DB1401-006 (DB140I-006)
Gates: K061140
Duralast / Off brand: 1143K6

Here is a crude diagram that I made up in MS Paint of the 4.6L engine with a P-1SC blower on it.

Mustang%204.6L%20P1SC%20Belt%20Diagram.png

After I got the belt (Duralast 1143K6) I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to route the thing around the pulleys. It seems like an easy task, and it was on my 3.8L and my 4 cyl Ranger, but with the blower on here, it was easier said than done. A word of warning, you WILL have to take the nuts off that are holding the blower to the engine and pull it away from the motor before starting. You will NOT get the belt on there with the blower in place. (The intercooler lines being in the way don't help much either.)

Step 1) Begin by making a loop in the new belt (ribs facing inward) and push it between the pulleys down below with the red arrow, and then loop it over the A/C.

Mustang%204.6L%20P1SC%20Belt%20Diagram%20Step%201.png

Step 2) Route the belt around the following pulleys, as you see below, in this order: tensioner, crank, water pump, and power steering.

Mustang%204.6L%20P1SC%20Belt%20Diagram%20Step%202.png

Step 3) Route the belt around the blower and the two smaller pulleys as shown below. (At this point, the only pulley left is the alternator.)

Mustang%204.6L%20P1SC%20Belt%20Diagram%20Step%203.png

Step 4) In order to get the belt over the alternator, you'll need to loosen the tensioner pulley. You can use a special serpentine belt tensioner tool, but I just used a ½ drive ratchet and a small breaker bar. Loosen the tensioner pulley by moving your tool/ratchet clockwise and then slip the belt over the alternator pulley. Re-apply tension on the belt and remove the tool/ratchet.

Mustang%204.6L%20P1SC%20Belt%20Diagram%20Step%204.png

When you're done, double check for belt alignment and verify the belt is on all of the pulleys before starting the engine. Also, be sure to put all of the nuts/bolts back in place around the blower assembly. And, that's it!

Had all of this information been in front of me ahead of time last weekend, it would have saved me a couple hours of wasted time. I came across a lot of dead-end threads on other forums when I was searching too, so I hope this proves to be beneficial to other people who may be in similar situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online