400hp mods??

Late4Work

Reaction score
I recently acquired a mustang 4.6 2v and I'm wanting to reach the 400-500 hp mark.....Here is my list of soon to be mods.

Forged Internals
Comp Cams(not sure what degree)--help
Full PI Swap
75mm T body
BBK long tube headers
BBK offroad X pipe
Flowmasters
JLT CAI
80mm mass air meter
High flow fuel rails
Bigger injectors(not sure what size)--help
Bigger fuel pump
Trick Flow intake plenum
Ford Racing King cobra clutch
4.10 gears
Kenne Bell 2.1 supercharger
SCT Tune

With all these modifications do u think the trans will hold up??
Is there anything else I'm forgetting??

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
get a new trans, the stock one won't hold on too long if you plan on racing the car.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
N my opinion the stock trans is junk. Dont try to beef it up just replace with a tremec.

Magic

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
I split one of those just like the stock T-45's. But that's just me. Don't powershift it and the T-45 will probably hold fine.

shit.....

Thomas_W

Reaction score
"bread box" Comp cams = JUNK

Spend the extra $100 and get a set of CUSTOM grind cams from tim at modularpowerhouse.com

You dont need a trickflow intake plenum if you do a KB 2.1 supercharger.

King Cobra Clutch won't last with that kind of power, you'll need ATLEAST a Spec stage 2+ or 3, or a Centerforce Dual Friction...

You won't need fuel rails either.. they dont do any good (and actually hurt) if you dont upgrade your fuel lines. all you should need is a 255LPH hi pressure intank pump and 60# injectors... But the upgraded rails and lines wont hurt. Ditch the flowmasters and get something else.. you'll learn to hate the drone after 3 months.

Dont waste your money on a C&L Mass air either. Get a 90mm Lightning Mass Air flow sensor and a Maf X-tender. that'll serve you plenty well with lots of "growing" room. and both of those will be cheaper than the C&L's (which are a PITA to tune with and generally just a crappy MAF)

I also think KB includes a CAI with their kits so i doubt you'll need one of those.

Heres what i would do:

Stock GT crank (will be fine for oyur power goals)
Forged H beam rod (you dont need billets)
Diamond 19cc Dish piston (about 8.9:1 compression ratio w/ PI heads)
PI Heads
MPH "supercharger" grind cams
Comp Hi-Load valve springs
KB supercharger
BBK Longtubes
O/R X pipe
255lph HI pressure intank pump
60# injectors (gives you growing room)
Kirban Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
75mm TB
90mm LMAF (lightning maf) w/ Maf Xtender (avail. from MPH)
SCT Livewire or X-cal 2 w/ custom DYNO TUNE
Magnaflow Catback (i hate flowmasters, they drone terribly!)
3.90 gears (you'll understand when you hit boost for the first time w/ a roots blower, you get instant tire smokeage w/ 4.10's, 3.90's will serve you better)
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Steeda triple hook clutch quadrant, Firewall adjuster STOCK Ford clutch cable (DO NOT use a adjustable one)

and then the supporting mods.. such as axle's, etc.

the T-45 will hold up fine. i drove around w/ 700rwhp thru a t45 for 4 months and it never gave me any headache, just dont powershift and no sticky tires and you'll be fine for awhile.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a Spec stage I and stage III clutch, they both chattered horribly at low rpm and seemed to be either on or off. I personally pretty happy with my current Centerforce.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
I had a Spec stage I and stage III clutch, they both chattered horribly at low rpm and seemed to be either on or off. I personally pretty happy with my current Centerforce.

I've had all 3.

Spec stage 1 i had no chatter.

CF DF- very little chatter but couldn't hold the torque i was making

Spec Stage 3- Softer than the CF DF, but had ALOT of chatter and held up much better.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
If you're going to drive the balls off the car then ditch the tranny because sooner or later the tranny will ditch you

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
"bread box" Comp cams = JUNK

Spend the extra $100 and get a set of CUSTOM grind cams from tim at modularpowerhouse.com

King Cobra Clutch won't last with that kind of power, you'll need ATLEAST a Spec stage 2+ or 3, or a Centerforce Dual Friction...

You won't need fuel rails either.. they dont do any good (and actually hurt) if you dont upgrade your fuel lines. all you should need is a 255LPH hi pressure intank pump and 60# injectors... But the upgraded rails and lines wont hurt. Ditch the flowmasters and get something else.. you'll learn to hate the drone after 3 months.

Dont waste your money on a C&L Mass air either. Get a 90mm Lightning Mass Air flow sensor and a Maf X-tender. that'll serve you plenty well with lots of "growing" room. and both of those will be cheaper than the C&L's (which are a PITA to tune with and generally just a crappy MAF)

I also think KB includes a CAI with their kits so i doubt you'll need one of those.

I agree with all of that.

as stated, the tranny and axles are your next weak links.
also you should do lower control arms to help put the power down.
Subs r recommended as well.

Sounds like a sweet list.
How soon are you gonna start on all that?

OP
OP
Late4Work

Late4Work

Reaction score
Lookin for the right mustang now......after that its a matter of how fast the parts can get here and be put on......it will prolly take a lil time to adjust with the new mods and a lil tuning

LuisSN95

Reaction score
SMART GUY>> Listen to him

SMART GUY>> Listen to him
QUOTE=Thomas_W;169370]"bread box" Comp cams = JUNK

Heres what i would do:

Stock GT crank (will be fine for oyur power goals)
Forged H beam rod (you dont need billets)
Diamond 19cc Dish piston (about 8.9:1 compression ratio w/ PI heads)
PI Heads
MPH "supercharger" grind cams
Comp Hi-Load valve springs
KB supercharger
BBK Longtubes
O/R X pipe
255lph HI pressure intank pump
60# injectors (gives you growing room)
Kirban Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
75mm TB
90mm LMAF (lightning maf) w/ Maf Xtender (avail. from MPH)
SCT Livewire or X-cal 2 w/ custom DYNO TUNE
Magnaflow Catback (i hate flowmasters, they drone terribly!)
3.90 gears (you'll understand when you hit boost for the first time w/ a roots blower, you get instant tire smokeage w/ 4.10's, 3.90's will serve you better)
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Steeda triple hook clutch quadrant, Firewall adjuster STOCK Ford clutch cable (DO NOT use a adjustable one)

and then the supporting mods.. such as axle's, etc.

the T-45 will hold up fine. i drove around w/ 700rwhp thru a t45 for 4 months and it never gave me any headache, just dont powershift and no sticky tires and you'll be fine for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.