4v Heads on a 2v???

blackfang

Reaction score
Do not waste your money or your time!

There are so many parts you will need to do this correctly, you can buy a used 4V cheaper.

You will need
Cylinder heads and cams
timing cover and secondary cover and chains
4V intake to match heads
twin 57mm throttle body for the 4V
24/lb hr injectors
4V pistons as the cr is different now with those heads
Forged crank from a 4V being you regularly rev to 6800 unlike the 2V crank
8 bolt Flywheel because the Cobra crank is an 8 bolt and yours is a 6 bolt
Alternator
coolant crossover tube
a tune
Modify the harness and I am sure I am missing a few things here.

This list is 4-5 grand and a 4V motor can be had for less.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, he's right....better off buying a used 4V engine for half that price plus you get an aluminum Teksid block and forged crank.

blackfang

Reaction score
If I recall the 2v for 96-98 is 9.0:1 verse the 4v's 9.85:1

OP
OP
F

firstonraceday

Reaction score
My motor is going to shit it burns oil pretty decently misses all over the place and one cylinder has about 5 psi of compression :mad: . So Iam just exploring all the possibility's right now. If anyone has any cheap suggestions Im open to all ideas.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
My motor is going to shit it burns oil pretty decently misses all over the place and one cylinder has about 5 psi of compression :mad: . So Iam just exploring all the possibility's right now. If anyone has any cheap suggestions Im open to all ideas.

umm i went with jasper remanufactored, but you said cheap and it wasnt.
you could always get a 4v and drop it in!

White 96GT

Reaction score
I work at a small engine repair shop and I do this stuff alot. about the cheap is't thing to do is have the block honed out, then rebuild it with your existing rotating assembly and just replace the rings, and bearings and little stuff like that. that is off course if you can do it yourself. If you can't do it your self then I don't know what to tell you.

I think the next thing I'd do is take this oppertunity to upgrade. think of it as a discount because even the cheap way is gonna cost some money so why not trow some more down and save yourself in the long run. If you plan to upgrade in the future.

Just my 2 cents 8)

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
White 96GT said:
I work at a small engine repair shop and I do this stuff alot. about the cheap is't thing to do is have the block honed out, then rebuild it with your existing rotating assembly and just replace the rings, and bearings and little stuff like that. that is off course if you can do it yourself. If you can't do it your self then I don't know what to tell you.

I think the next thing I'd do is take this oppertunity to upgrade. think of it as a discount because even the cheap way is gonna cost some money so why not trow some more down and save yourself in the long run. If you plan to upgrade in the future.

Just my 2 cents 8)

fully agree

OP
OP
F

firstonraceday

Reaction score
White 96GT said:

Just my 2 cents 8)

That seems to be the best option at this point. I kinda just want to fix the problems I have now as well as build for the future, at some point I plan on some sort of forced induction... but thats about 4 grand down the road. Thats what I miss about my DSM, cheap speed.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
niiice
how much more compression does the heads make on a 2v? just a random question.

you would have about the same C/R with 4V heads on a NPI shortblock...the Combusters Chambers on NPI heads are about the same size as 4V heads.

S

scarface

If you really want cheap, just look around on the forums....Some people pretty muchgive NON pi engines away.

voidfinger

Reaction score
if you deside to drop in that 4v i got the engine harness, power harness, computer harness, and the 97 cobra computer that has been retuned, all you have to do is get a tune on it. :O)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online