4v maybe ???

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
ok well yesterday i got a call from a friend saying that he had found a new edge cobra that had been rear ended well at the end of this month i was gana do a ported pi swap but with this on the menu now wat do you guys think i should do swap motors or do the pi swap o he didnt tell me the year or the milage on the cobra... so anyways how ard would it be to swap out the 2v for a 4v anyway and is it worth the trouble if the price is right

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you are doing the labor,it could be very worthwhile...but doing mods on a 4v is more expensive that a 2v. cams are like $1000+ :eek:

if the price is right on it, and it has decent miles, then i would go for it.

OP
OP
S

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
yea if its a smashed up termy than odds are i thnk i might

gt96stang

Reaction score
4v>2v... If I could find a decent mileage cobra motor for a good price around here... I would have it in a heartbeat..

OP
OP
S

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
yea the only thing being is i would have to have a shop put it in so i dunno well how hard can it be do they have the same motor mounts?? and would i have to re wire everything being that i think you can use the same cpu in mine right

OP
OP
S

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
lol :'( 6k i know but it would still be sweet like i said i gota go see wat kind of condition its in before i make my next move

gt96stang

Reaction score
seth_96_gt said:
lol :'( 6k i know but it would still be sweet like i said i gota go see wat kind of condition its in before i make my next move

eh, for 6k, I would rather buy a better built motor.. Termi's are nice, but for the prices that people are wanting.. no way..

OP
OP
S

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
yea i dunno i would love to have that 4v but if its to expensive just gana stick to my 2v lol and do the pi swap since i will have my money by the end of theis month to buy all the parts

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
eh, for 6k, I would rather buy a better built motor.. Termi's are nice, but for the prices that people are wanting.. no way..
6k isn't really that bad...for a built motor plus supercharger, you would have a hard time putting together a motor similar to a termie and get a supercharger and still be under 6k.

OP
OP
S

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
true true but my pocket book is only as big as 3k right now lol

gt96stang

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
gt96stang said:
6k isn't really that bad...for a built motor plus supercharger, you would have a hard time putting together a motor similar to a termie and get a supercharger and still be under 6k.

yeah, 6k isn't too bad, but lately i've been seing them go for upwards of 10K, and some with trannys for 12K...

OP
OP
S

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
well guys i talked to the guy with the cobra turns out its a 99 vert with 46k. when i said i was lookin at it he said got all wierd and said that its private property and if i was to ever go on his land again he would shoot me!!! o yea and he bought it without a key so its my guess its stolen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online