4V performance ideas

waltnono

Reaction score
OK right now I'm at a stand still for my 4V swap in case you haven't read my post you can check it out here. V6 to 4V
I've got the H.P fever after watch'n some vid from the multimedia section and I'm not sure what I want to do now. A power adder would be nic like a turbo or supercharger or heads/cam. But the question I ask myself is do I need the extra power? I don't do any street racing, I've never been to the track and I think I'm a conservative driver. Although I will do a little stop light to stop light racing every blue moon. I guess it would be cool just to have the power on demand or I just might be an ego thing. So just look'n for a little input here, would you guy's go for the N/A power or go with the induction. Take into mind my drive'n habits and cost, I've seen procharger kits on eBay for around $3-4K and I've seen turbos around $5-7$. The price for a cam that I like is a Sean hyland cam for $600 and port and polish heads from around $2K. I know what kinda # I would get with the turbo/charger but haven't read must about #'s for the H/C combo. Guess I don't want any local imports blow'n mu door off :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
There is one answer here............SPRAY IT :dancing6: :dancing6: you said your not interested in going to the track, you dont street race but you want to be pretty safe when it comes to the import kicking your ass ;D ;D I see no need for you to spend 3 or 4k on a blower or turbo. Just get a nice nos kit, have it tuned right and enjoy that extra 100-150hp and keep all that extra money in your pocket. You can get a complete NICE kit for under a grand probally :)

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
There is one answer here............SPRAY IT :dancing6: :dancing6: you said your not interested in going to the track, you dont street race but you want to be pretty safe when it comes to the import kicking your ass ;D ;D I see no need for you to spend 3 or 4k on a blower or turbo. Just get a nice nos kit, have it tuned right and enjoy that extra 100-150hp and keep all that extra money in your pocket. You can get a complete NICE kit for under a grand probally :)

That's not a bad idea, have you ever driven a car wit nos? I remember a while back somebody told me not to use nos while on the expressway because you lose traction easily.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Never had it myself, but I have rode in many cars with it. Yes you can loose traction with it but its nothing to detur you from getting it. With the sisuation you have described I think its the best way to go and keep your money in check. If you were into track / street running I would say blower or turbo, but since your not the nos kit will give you BIG time extra power for a fraction of the cost. Just be sure to have it tuned if you do get it :thumb:

oh and some sticky tires too ;D

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
I think ur 100% on this 1, I was check'n out Dalamar post on his 2 bottle set-up and I think u guys sold me on the nos. Being that I have a mark VIII bottom end I still would spend a little more money to get a forged bottom. So I'm think'n cam and nos, I'll have to price some custom one.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
a forged bottom would mean you could spray that 150 shot with no worries :bunny3: :bunny3: and with cams too, you could have a nasy 4 valve 8)

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
God, stop calling it nos. :slap:

But he is right, get a good nitrous wet kit and have it installed right and you will be fine. Get a bigger fuel pump and spray a 150-175 shot. That should put you around 500rwhp and 550rwtq or something around there. Enough to take out damn near anything you run into on the street.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not big on the juice, but with what you are talking about doing with the car it is the best way to go.

97vertstang

Reaction score
nitrous will be easier to install than a supercharger or turbo too.

Wesman

Reaction score
I say keep it N/A, and built it up. The 4V motors have a ton of potential with just bolt ons.

Nitrous is hard on the motor, I'd never spray a car unless it was a drag strip only car and I had another motor ready replace it with.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
get the motor and all the supposting stuff.. redo ur rear and throw in some 4.30s... full exhaust, nice tires... some suspension.. then throw on a NICE wet kit and then get a dyno tune and whatnot for it...

and RIP all day on anyone that pulls up to you.. yes u could get cams if u have the 600-1000 to spend on that.. but ur gunna eventually have to forge the more power u put out..

so just know what ur gunna get first.. u gunna redo the heads? redo the cams? forge? what?

but wet show is ur best bet.. deffinately

G

GREG@SN95

Wesman said:
I say keep it N/A, and built it up. The 4V motors have a ton of potential with just bolt ons.

Nitrous is hard on the motor, I'd never spray a car unless it was a drag strip only car and I had another motor ready replace it with.

^don't listen to him...

he owns a chevy...

we own fords, we dont have to worry about our cars breaking or blowing up like him :hammer:

Wesman

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
^don't listen to him...

he owns a chevy...

we own fords, we dont have to worry about our cars breaking or blowing up like him :hammer:

O yea?? Is that why my cousins 4.6 spun the bearings on the crank for no apparent reason and the dealer blamed it on his headers?? Because Fords are the best?? ::)

And my GM will piss on your Ford any day in a race ;)

G

GREG@SN95

Wesman said:
GREG@SN95 said:
^don't listen to him...

he owns a chevy...

O yea?? Is that why my cousins 4.6 spun the bearings on the crank for no apparent reason and the dealer blamed it on his headers?? Because Fords are the best?? ::)

And my GM will piss on your Ford any day in a race ;)

well it COULD...

I mean my car would have to be in one peice...

But we would need someone who can drive good to drive your car...

You cunning driving abilities are not good enough for a win over me... even though you have 80hp advantage... You still need to learn the difference between 1rst and 3rd...

:hammer:

Wesman

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
well it COULD...

You cunning driving abilities are not good enough for a win over me... even though you have 80hp advantage... You still need to learn the difference between 1rst and 3rd...

Oh don't worry about that, I'll easily match your driving abilities, I've gotten damn good at driving my car. I can launch it perfectly @ ~2500RPM and then slam through every gear 1-4 without missing a shift. Reaction time at the track was .289, and my 60' was 2.2. Not bad for my first time ;)

G

GREG@SN95

Wesman said:
GREG@SN95 said:
well it COULD...

Oh don't worry about that, I'll easily match your driving abilities, I've gotten damn good at driving my car. I can launch it perfectly @ ~2500RPM and then slam through every gear 1-4 without missing a shift. Reaction time at the track was .289, and my 60' was 2.2. Not bad for my first time ;)

Well not the best 0-60... Get that down and ya'll be in low 12s...

I hope my car is all in one peice by the summer... Gears + Nitrous + dyno tune VS you would be interesting...

shoot... the day my car is complete I'm gonna put 10,000 miles on it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online