4x4ing in the snow pics from today

281powered

Reaction score
took the old exploder up to one of the local ski hills today were over the past week it's snowed like a bastard but was raining today so made for some tricky conditions. i was pretty impressed with this thing. i think the tires made a big diffrence in performance. these tires just chewd through the wet snow like it was nothing. i kicked up like a 15ft high rooster tail of snow ;D quit a few 4x4's were having trouble up there were as i was able to just truck on by with ease :thumb:

2479315_16_full.jpg

2479315_17_full.jpg

2479315_19_full.jpg

2479315_18_full.jpg

2479315_20_full.jpg

2479315_21_full.jpg

2479315_22_full.jpg

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:
i hate snow

Paul, you are SERIOUSLY putting a damper on my festive mood :mad:
lmao i just hate christmas, i like what it stands for on a religious stand point, but usually any relationships i have end up falling apart, my family gets together and usually argues cause my moms sister only comes around for christmas so she can get a free meal and presents. and its effen cold out so i can never work on my car.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
hell ya i am, im ready for summer to come back..but chances are on christmas day i will be walking around in shorts and a tshirt like last christmas, its just lost all its warm fuzzy feeling like i had when i was a little kid. Everyone was happy, we always watched home alone, i got everything i wanted. Now we watch specials on TV, no one gets along, and i ask for money to pay off bills.

Maybe the feeling will come back once i have acouple youngins running around.

G

GREG@SN95

fords do not like to get stuck...

My pop's 87 f150... posi & 4x4 (all the wheels spin)(some cars dont have that) lol

well he took that to the beach... bald tires... and in front of him is a big ass lifted a good 8" chevy 1500 stuck in the sand... so some kid in a jeep went to go around and he got stuck... now the lil road thing is blocked... my pops ended up driving it on this embankment through this real fine loose sand and pulled right through... LOL

that truck has NEVER gotten stuck...

built ford tuff bitches

OP
OP

281powered

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
fords do not like to get stuck...

My pop's 87 f150... posi & 4x4 (all the wheels spin)(some cars dont have that) lol

well he took that to the beach... bald tires... and in front of him is a big ass lifted a good 8" chevy 1500 stuck in the sand... so some kid in a jeep went to go around and he got stuck... now the lil road thing is blocked... my pops ended up driving it on this embankment through this real fine loose sand and pulled right through... LOL

that truck has NEVER gotten stuck...

built ford tuff bitches

ya i'm in the process of looking into lockers front and rear for this thing ;D should help out alot but i gotta do it with out the wife knowing since this is supposed to be the family vehicle that i'm not allowed to tamper with :-[

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
do either arb air lockers or one of the various electric selectable lockers. Just hide the switch and she will never know :D . Lockers are nice just put one in my pickup. havent tested it too hard yet but so far so good.

monkeydude3

Reaction score
It's not like you are putting nitrous or something in it, lockers are going to benefit anyone who uses it off the clean pavement.

:)

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Please keep it all up there?! If it snowed on Christmas then was 70 degrees the next day I'd be happy :thumb:

G

GREG@SN95

yah... I don't see a point in paying extra for 4x4 and only having 2 wheels spin... lol... or 3

V

vp6799

I have an 02 X as my daily driver. I love this thing in the snow. Gonna pick up a set of BFG all-terrain's for the winter. :thumb: Even with bald tires on it last year, I never got stuck. I also have the 4X4 auto feature, so I don't have to click it into 4X4. It senses the rear wheels slip and kicks it in itself. :thumb: Plus leather, 3'rd row seating and rear air is an awesome plus.

If you haven't tried it yet, find a smooth paved open parking lot and try a good 4X4 donut. It's awesome. Unlike a rear wheel drive that spins you everywhere, 4X4 will keep you in a perfect circle. It feels like it was a setup lol.

ohh by the way, I would only recomend trying this on slippery snow and not dry pavement.

OP
OP

281powered

Reaction score
4x4 auto is pretty good feature i must say and even nicer feature is to be able then to click 4x4 high or 4x4 low which is my fave ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.