5.0 GT or 4.6 GT

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah but 8 psi on a 4.6 and 8 psi on a 5.0 is going to be different. thats why i added the higher displacement has more potential.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
yeah but 8 psi on a 4.6 and 8 psi on a 5.0 is going to be different. thats why i added the higher displacement has more potential.

modulars do better with FI than pushrods in my opinion :bunny3:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
what do you mean in your opinion? like in your opinion they make more power or in your opinion they last longer or what?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
what do you mean in your opinion? like in your opinion they make more power or in your opinion they last longer or what?
I think they make more power in terms of what you get with FI on a modular compared to what it does on a pushrod. It may be that the modulars are rated higher to begin with and that clouds the final numbers, with a 260 or 300fwhp 4.6 compared to a 215 or 225 5.0 the numbers are obvioulsy going to be higher on the mod. I think the air flow is better on the modulars too and that plays a part in power production too with FI.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
so your saying that if you have your heads ported to the best possible flow rates for a 4.6, get the most aggressive custom ground blower cam and run it at 8 psi, it will make more power than a 5.0 with ported heads, cam and 8 psi?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
so your saying that if you have your heads ported to the best possible flow rates for a 4.6, get the most aggressive custom ground blower cam and run it at 8 psi, it will make more power than a 5.0 with ported heads, cam and 8 psi?

uhhhhhh, yea I guess so. If your talking a DOHC 4.6 i would bet my life on it

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
well if youre willing to bet your life on it i guess ill have to take your word for it but i never wouldve gussed it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
well if youre willing to bet your life on it i guess ill have to take your word for it but i never wouldve gussed it.

without a dobut the 4 valve motors flow like crazy, how do you think the blown 4 valves like mine make 500hp??

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i didnt really take into account that a 4V will always outflow the 5.0s. my arguement was based on them having similar flow rates

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Overhead cam 4.6s must be the way to go, I mean look at all the guys in Pro Mod Mustang racing that use them. :hammer:

Pushrods and displacement will continue to make more power for less money than the tiny-bore-plagued OHC Ford architecture.

Oh, and all hail the LSx. :D

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
i didnt really take into account that a 4V will always outflow the 5.0s. my arguement was based on them having similar flow rates

well the 4v heads are the trick for the flow potental, massive air flow combined with FI makes big power numbers. Even with the 2v I feel pretty sure that the PI version outflows the 5.0 engine. Hmmmm can someone tell us why the 5.0 was rated at 225hp and the PI 2v was rated at 260?? Is that due to extra air flow or something else ??? Im thinking air flow but I could be wrong.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Overhead cam 4.6s must be the way to go, I mean look at all the guys in Pro Mod Mustang racing that use them. :hammer:

Pushrods and displacement will continue to make more power for less money than the tiny-bore-plagued OHC Ford architecture.

Oh, and all hail the LSx. :D

Paul.

Yea yea, we all know you hate modular motors and you praise the ground that the LSx motors roll on ........we get the point ::)

97vertstang

Reaction score
if ohc engine suck so much balls, how come nascar banned the 427 SOHC back in the days???? :naughty:
that was a monster

281cammer

Reaction score
Paul said:
5.HOE said:

Finally, someone who knows what they're talking about. :)

LSx > 5.0 > 4.6

No no it's like this
8.0 V10 is King!!!!!
Out of the 5.0 vs 4.6 I'll always rather have a 4.6. Smoother running, less tempermental. If you look in my sig you'll notice I have a 5.0/4.6 2v/4.6 4v. Nothing compares to the 4v engine. They are the future admit it or not. Ever seen a 700hp stock block/ internals 5.0? Nope you never will either.

x182dan

Reaction score
Actually I have seen a stock bottom end 5.0 it was a turbo setup of course but it was stock bottom end

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
actually the future is an engine with valves operated electronically by actuators 8)
thats some high tech, top secret type stuff 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.