5.0 H.O.

96mod289

Reaction score
i have been looking at trading my car and i cam across a 5.0 H.O. i was wondering what kind of power these put down stock and if they come with the supporting mods to make more power.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
new to the world of mustangs are we :hammer: :hammer:

for the 94-95 and I am guessing that is what you are looking at they were rated at 215hp and could acheive 14's with a stick and good driving.

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
well both of the ones that i looked at had superchargers (which i assumed the H.O. was for). Also I am deffinatly not new to stangs i just know a lot about 5.0's. I know 4.6's

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
96mod289 said:
well both of the ones that i looked at had superchargers (which i assumed the H.O. was for). Also I am deffinatly not new to stangs i just know a lot about 5.0's. I know 4.6's

OK the HO on the five liter motor is for HIGH OUTPUT it has nothing to do with a blower of any type. If the cars you looked at has blowers on them it was done aftermarket not from the factory. The high output rating came on the mustang in the late 80's I believe when the fuel injection and classic .444 mustang cam became very popular. However if the ones your looking at has been properly worked on and has quality parts consider them a asset, that increases the value of the car.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
5.0 is cheap, and easy to modify. the 4.6 can be a better/faster motor if you want to sink in lots of money. parts for 5.0 are also dirt cheap and can easily be found.

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
ok thanks guys. like i said i am new to the 5.0 world.. good info on buy a used car also.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
5.0 is cheap, and easy to modify. the 4.6 can be a better/faster motor if you want to sink in lots of money. parts for 5.0 are also dirt cheap and can easily be found.

very true for right NOW but as the years go buy the parts will get cheaper ( just like the 5.0 ones did ) and be more affordable

Z28 This

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
:behind:

i disagree there 2 different engines and each one has its own down falls...like 5.0 make wayy more tq and better for low end on the 4.6 side more for high end well duh cause there high rev motors...so to me there not better/faster ive busted more than my fair share of 4.6s

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Matt94GT said:

i disagree there 2 different engines and each one has its own down falls...like 5.0 make wayy more tq and better for low end on the 4.6 side more for high end well duh cause there high rev motors...so to me there not better/faster ive busted more than my fair share of 4.6s

uhhh, check the newer Mach 1 cars before you say the 5.0 makes more tq than the 4.6 :)

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Matt94GT said:

uhhh, check the newer Mach 1 cars before you say the 5.0 makes more tq than the 4.6 :)

um... check the newer mach 1s... they ain't SN95s ::)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Matt94GT said:

I was directly contrasting the statement that the 4.6 does not make the tq that the 5.0 does, this has nothing to do with SN95 :p :p. Im just stateing facts, the Mach 1 4.6 makes MORE tq than a 5.0 pushrod 302 that came in any form of a factory mustang from 87-95.

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
GREG@SN95 said:
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Matt94GT said:

I was directly contrasting the statement that the 4.6 does not make the tq that the 5.0 does, this has nothing to do with SN95 :p :p. Im just stateing facts, the Mach 1 4.6 makes MORE tq than a 5.0 pushrod 302 that came in any form of a factory mustang from 87-95.

I was just stating the fact that this forum is the SN95forums and the person who posted this thread is interested in buying an sn95... so a mach 1s torque curve is irrelavent...

but you are right... lol... i want a mach 1

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
ok now my next question is how much do you think i coud get out of my car
it is a '96 GT auto with
highflow mid pipe w/cats
magnaflow magnapacks
BBK 75mm T/B and plenum
JLT RAI
4.10's
it has 56,000 miles on it but the title has a dear hit on it but that is all

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
ok, thanks guys. that gives me somthing to think about i will let you know how it turns out :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online