5.0 swap

silvertoy

Reaction score
can some one direct me to a good post on swapping out a 4.6 in a 96 gt for a 302

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont think we have anything on that yet :-\, I do know you will need the entire wire harness and all the tid bits that go with it.

G

GREG@SN95

easy... sell it and buy a 94-95

engine
computer
harness
bellhousing

custom fab all kinds of mounts...

they are 2 completely different engines...

you could sell yer 96 and might be able to buy 94-95 and make a few bucks...

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea I honestly don't think it's worth the hassle....if you were building a 351 stroker on the other hand it might be worth the hassle.

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
are you guys scared of doing a little work :hammer:

Well I'm gonna fix my car... gonna put on a whole new front clip...

Its not about work... Its also about money...

Its not worth the money... Spend money for a 302 swap when you could possibly make a few bucks and get one... why would you do that...

Thats like me saying... "here brian... You can have this playstation, i don't want any money... in fact... here 100 bucks to go with it"

then you replying, "Nah... I'd rather buy one for 600 bucks"

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
Snakebit said:

Its not worth the money... Spend money for a 302 swap when you could possibly make a few bucks and get one... why would you do that...

Thats like me saying... "here brian... You can have this playstation, i don't want any money... in fact... here 100 bucks to go with it"

Oh quit being a tight ass and spen a little :D

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
GREG@SN95 said:
Snakebit said:

Oh quit being a tight ass and spen a little :D

:comando:

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea it would be based on money for me too. I would say if you want to put a bigger motor in with pushrods go 351 and up then it'd be worth it for sure. but 302 I know I would rather one BUT if I had a 4.6 I'd spend that money either beefing that up or adding little bits to it so It'll be worth more when I sold it to get a 5.0

G

GREG@SN95

Stangbangin said:
yea it would be based on money for me too. I would say if you want to put a bigger motor in with pushrods go 351 and up then it'd be worth it for sure. but 302 I know I would rather one BUT if I had a 4.6 I'd spend that money either beefing that up or adding little bits to it so It'll be worth more when I sold it to get a 5.0

in general

MODULAR to PUSHROD engines
(OHC to OHV)

are alot of trouble and expensive...

I suggest if you want to do a swap... swap over to a 3v

thats a great swap... theres 50 pages of info here if you want to sort through it all http://www.mustangboards.com/modular-4-6l-tech/9452-anyone-intrested-5-4l.html

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with the redneck, just buy a 94-95....you have to replace the harness, bellhousing, k-member, and tons of other stuff...including the brake system i think.

jpajkos

Reaction score
If you had VT Stage 2 cams. ported P.I. Heads and a PI intake in that 96 you sure would feel different about going with a 302.

G

GREG@SN95

jpajkos said:
If you had VT Stage 2 cams. ported P.I. Heads and a PI intake in that 96 you sure would feel different about going with a 302.
yah...

just build your engine... the 281s have plenty of potential... it'd be a waste to buy a new one...

If I was you though I'd do the 3v swap

Stangbangin

Reaction score
a 3V swap would be awesome. I've read alot about the newer motors and they can flat out run and with so many parts flooding the aftermarket with performance parts they're gonna be alot of screamers cruising the streets soon/

G

GREG@SN95

Stangbangin said:
a 3V swap would be awesome. I've read alot about the newer motors and they can flat out run and with so many parts flooding the aftermarket with performance parts they're gonna be alot of screamers cruising the streets soon/

mustangboards.com

^^ theres quite a few members there that did the swap... theres alot of veryknowledgable members on 3v swaps too

join... introduce yourself... post some pics... and you'll get all the help ya need...

its a great crowd over there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online