5.0 V8 pushrod first time owner

tvsn95

Reaction score
supercharger kits are around the same price as the turbos, at least some of them. If its not a MUST HAVE today kind of thing just keep your eyes open and they are rebuildable if someone is selling one. I have a vortech V3 and I got found it new in the box having only taken the blower out to inspect it. He got the kit, then wrecked the car and ended up with a different car so I got his kit complete and NIB for only $3k. Again the nice thing about the superchargers is that they have been done for decades now and finding people familiar with them is not normally all that hard for us over here. As for power gains you can get %40 more power out of a stock engine with the v3 kit if I am not mistaken. Add some heads/cam and you can get more.
for my info , how do you keep vacuum for the brakes?, I have done an old style Novi 2000 and lost all vacume , had to add an electric pump.

OP
OP
VEE8FBODY

VEE8FBODY

Reaction score
supercharger kits are around the same price as the turbos, at least some of them. If its not a MUST HAVE today kind of thing just keep your eyes open and they are rebuildable if someone is selling one. I have a vortech V3 and I got found it new in the box having only taken the blower out to inspect it. He got the kit, then wrecked the car and ended up with a different car so I got his kit complete and NIB for only $3k. Again the nice thing about the superchargers is that they have been done for decades now and finding people familiar with them is not normally all that hard for us over here. As for power gains you can get %40 more power out of a stock engine with the v3 kit if I am not mistaken. Add some heads/cam and you can get more.
Thanks good info there buddy , not in any exact rush tbqh, weighing up options atm, not adverse to turbo, sc, or Na approach

muzzy25

Reaction score
the easy way to get parts out of usa is to have a usa shipping address at a shipping company
we deal with kiwi shipping in cal
all your items go there packed and packed in container only pay by volume 3 weeks here

Addermk2

Reaction score
For tuning - Tuning Innovations, Ted Jenkins.
Now this here, is funny as hell.

Main issue for me is I’m in Scotland uk

Perfect. Want to know what a super commonly used aftermarket system is, that you can get in the UK?

Megasquirt!

There is currently a Plug and Play Microsquirt that you can get, which is FAR superior to any kind of chip tuning. To be completely honest, I dont know why people even still waste their time with chips and a 30 year old ECU design.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
adder was or is when he comes out now our tuning guru. He has been in the development of systems and knows them better than anyone, even ted.

OP
OP
VEE8FBODY

VEE8FBODY

Reaction score
the easy way to get parts out of usa is to have a usa shipping address at a shipping company
we deal with kiwi shipping in cal
all your items go there packed and packed in container only pay by volume 3 weeks here
I was recently informed of this approach seems a very viable option yes thanks

OP
OP
VEE8FBODY

VEE8FBODY

Reaction score
Now this here, is funny as hell.

Perfect. Want to know what a super commonly used aftermarket system is, that you can get in the UK?

Megasquirt!

There is currently a Plug and Play Microsquirt that you can get, which is FAR superior to any kind of chip tuning. To be completely honest, I dont know why people even still waste their time with chips and a 30 year old ECU design.
Sounds great buddy, have just started looking into what’s out there seems if look hard enough there are solutions.
Also if asking in the correct places very real info to be had too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online