5.0L in my 98GT??

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey guys! There's a good chance I'm gonna need to either rebuild my current 4.6. Not sure what's wrong yet. I was thinking that if the motor is gone then I'd look into a 302. But would it work? What would I need? Would it bolt to my tranny? Thanks!

Downshift

Reaction score
I cant remember the guys name on here but im sure he will come in here and help you out its like 98-five 0 or something like that. Im pretty sure you would basically need a whole new harness, computer, engine, maybe tranny?, kmember. A lot more work than the rebuild on the 4.6 but not many people do it so it would be kinda cool. Honestly even though I have a 5.0 I think you would be better off puttin a 4 valve in there it would be easier.

97vertstang

Reaction score
not worth it. different k member, ALL the wiring is different, u need a new tranny , new exhaust , many little things. just get a used 4.6 99+ newer if u can.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
I cant remember the guys name on here but im sure he will come in here and help you out its like 98-five 0 or something like that. Im pretty sure you would basically need a whole new harness, computer, engine, maybe tranny?, kmember. A lot more work than the rebuild on the 4.6 but not many people do it so it would be kinda cool. Honestly even though I have a 5.0 I think you would be better off puttin a 4 valve in there it would be easier.

+1

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
5.4 8) :pimp2:

Send me the money ;D and I'll get right on it. O0

You think the 5.0 swap is going to be a whole lot cheaper? ::) I cant send you any money im saving every damn penny i have for a new supercharger kit that doesnt exist at this moment :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online