5.0L intake

Spyder

Reaction score
I know this in in reference to an evil fox body, but maybe you guys can help me out.

I was curious if the intake manifold, upper and lower, would fit on a fox body 5.0L without clearance issues?

if anyone knows i would appreciate it

wytstang

Reaction score
If I remeber correctly the 94/95 are shorter then the foxes so you should be fine.

ryclef331

Reaction score
the lower is the same. The upper is different. The elbow on an SN95 is not going to work out with the fox body unless you convert the throttle body over to SN95 and the EGR hook ups are going to be different. I'm guessing by your busted english, that was the question you're asking... If you're more clear, we could answer better.

OP
OP
S

Spyder

Reaction score
Okay, let me rephrase the question then for the english majors out there.

What modifications would be required to install a 95 cobra intake manifold onto a 90 5.0L?

if thats not clear enough then i give up

ryclef331

Reaction score
The EGR on a Fox Body is a whole different animal than ours. Eliminating it all together would be the easiest thing to do otherwise you're in for a headache trying to scrounge up the valve, solenoid, and connectors. You're going to also need to use an SN95 Throttle body with that intake. I don't know off the top of my head if the electrical connectors for the Idle Air Control Valve and the Thottle Position Sensor are the same...They very well maybe though. Everthing else should be a bolt on affair. The only problems I'd forsee are like I just mentioned....the throttle body forward. hope that helps.

fordtech

Reaction score
Its way too different you would need a different throttle cable thorttle body splice wires and if you still are using the egr you would have to get different headers since the 94-95 years the egr tube goes directly to the header in my opinion its to much work for what its worth you're better off geting the right intake for your year mustang.

OP
OP
S

Spyder

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Well im helping another on of my cousins build up a 90 gt, and his stock intake is just not gonna work, so i was just thinkin of tkaing mine of, putting it on his, and then getting an aftermarket intake for me. But after reading all this, turns out its not gonna be as easy as it looks.

Again, thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online