5.4 2v bottom end stroker?

smokedya2

Reaction score
So I'm buying a 5.4 2v bottom end and I like to stroke it out but I don't know to what yet. I already have the heads with a street/strip p/p and milled done and stage 2 cams. Just looking for options right now from anyone that stroked out there 5.4 2v block.

Thanks yall are great. :headbang:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Stock heads? N/A? If so, youre really not going to gain hp from stroking on stock heads. This is essentially the same as taking the 4.6l block and stroking out to 5.4l stroke. Really no hp gain but butt loads of torque. Torque is awesome but cost over gain is minimal.
If your force feeding yes! Have at it!

A guy on another forum is offset grinding his 5.4l crank for a 4v stroker. This makes sense because the heads flow great. But for a 2v n/a....my .02....no....unless its boosted

OP
OP
S

smokedya2

Reaction score
Stock heads? N/A? If so, youre really not going to gain hp from stroking on stock heads. This is essentially the same as taking the 4.6l block and stroking out to 5.4l stroke. Really no hp gain but butt loads of torque. Torque is awesome but cost over gain is minimal.
If your force feeding yes! Have at it!

A guy on another forum is offset grinding his 5.4l crank for a 4v stroker. This makes sense because the heads flow great. But for a 2v n/a....my .02....no....unless its boosted

No I have a super charger on it with p/p job done with the heads.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Your original build plans will be a nasty car. Stroking out more will create a nastier car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.