5.4 2v

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Drop top, it shouldn't be that much more. just a couple inches of iron and a little longer rod, thats about it i think. maybe 30 or so pounds. not to much

i remember it being like 75-100 lb more then the 4.6...i'll have to look it up.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
oooo hold on i went to vt racing lol not reichard racing lol. my bad, i sent them an email and maybe they will get back up with me later. I see that the 4v adapters are like 350 or something. i hope these are cheaper. anyway, guys let me ask you all something since your checking this thread out, if i get these adapter plates, do you think i might in the future run a k/b kit for the 99 up 2v? i'm just wondering since the think will use a pi intake? will that work? emagine the torque then huh. :banana:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
voidfinger said:
Drop top, it shouldn't be that much more. just a couple inches of iron and a little longer rod, thats about it i think. maybe 30 or so pounds. not to much

i remember it being like 75-100 lb more then the 4.6...i'll have to look it up.

yea i forgot to add in the larger crank the things have and how heavy iron really is. lol, maybe the gains will make up for the up in weight and maybe i can later put a tubular k and a arm thing in there to.

This is turning out to be a lot easier than i thought it would be. Just got to get adapters, since the shorties won't be a problem, just hook the exaust up with exstentions and tune. sounds easy.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
This is easier than you'd think. Check out my thread on mustangboards... http://www.mustangboards.com/modular-4-6l-tech/9452-anyone-intrested-5-4l-83.html

My motor is being assembled as we type.

EDIT: A local guy just churned out 340/340 at the wheels with a mild 5.4 2v (ported heads and cam but otherwise not too much done). Another buddy of mine (the guy that took the picture above... those are my plates... I lent them to him to test.. they're not reichards. I have reichards too.) made 289/366 on a stock motor with just ported heads... stock cams. I'll have my results by end of spring I hope.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
R3D, i can't get on Mustangboards.com , did it go under????

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ford did a V10 back in the day, probably didn't handle all that great. Every now and then you'll sdee one in a car mag too. Random dude put one in a Crown Vic awhile back, lol.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
the v10 is just too expensive to use and doesn't have any aftermarket suppoirt to speak of. Makes it kinda a bitch to use. 5.4 was cake.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Crappy tune baseline numbers

run1-54-simple_graph-n-nums-only.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online