5.4 2v

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know of a company or someone that makes intakes for 2v 5.4's to swap into the mustang and also the same question for the headers.??? just wondering thanks.

Adam

Reaction score
I assume you mean adapters to run the 4.6 intake on a 5.4 in a Mustang? Not many do, there are exhaust fitment issues and you have to modify the oil pan baffles, heater hoses etc. But a new edge Stang went from 205rwhp @ 4750rpm with a 4.6 to 226rwhp @4600 with the 5.4. The torque is the big gainer...went from 254rwtq at 3750rpm to 330rwtq @ 2500rpm :eek:

It was actually down on power and torque compared to the 4.6 by 5700rpms though.

Hope this helped some.

Adam

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
NICE, thats what i'm looking for is the killer torque. Might even look at the lightning or kb supercharger. got to love the torque. man that is awsome. and it might look like a stock 4.6 too. lol

also, i looked at the site and those are 4v adapters.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
they have 2V plates also, you have to call...for some reason they aren't on the website anymore.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol pennywise is ebay paying you for every time you put that link up lol. almost ever post i saw by you, you posted that link lol. anyway, how much if you remember was the adapter plates? also, exactly what needs to be done with the exaust?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol pennywise is ebay paying you for every time you put that link up lol. almost ever post i saw by you, you posted that link lol. anyway, how much if you remember was the adapter plates? also, exactly what needs to be done with the exaust?
I don't work for eBay I just search alot for used Subaru parts for the
customers at my Subaru shop.I come across alot of different things on
there and I was just trying to help you out.
I belive you will have to conform to the 5.4L exhaust.

Adam

Reaction score
You have to extend the mid pipe up higher. PITA

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
so i could leave the frpp shorties on and just extend the mid pipe up a little further? if so that should be easy, my exaust dude could probably do it on the cheap. thanks

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
voidfinger said:
I don't work for eBay I just search alot for used Subaru parts for the
customers at my Subaru shop.I come across alot of different things on
there and I was just trying to help you out.
I belive you will have to conform to the 5.4L exhaust.

o and penny, i wasn't talking crap man, just asking.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow i'm liking the idea of this torque monster alot now. how do you all think it will react to a set of comp 274h's? just wondering.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whats the weight difference between 5.4 and 4.6 iron blocks? I'm sure i have come across it before but don't remember.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Drop top, it shouldn't be that much more. just a couple inches of iron and a little longer rod, thats about it i think. maybe 30 or so pounds. not to much

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Adam said:
I assume you mean adapters to run the 4.6 intake on a 5.4 in a Mustang? Not many do, there are exhaust fitment issues and you have to modify the oil pan baffles, heater hoses etc. But a new edge Stang went from 205rwhp @ 4750rpm with a 4.6 to 226rwhp @4600 with the 5.4. The torque is the big gainer...went from 254rwtq at 3750rpm to 330rwtq @ 2500rpm :eek:

It was actually down on power and torque compared to the 4.6 by 5700rpms though.

Hope this helped some.

Adam

Adam was that two stock motors? or was there mods involved. thats a massive torque jump

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
they have 2V plates also, you have to call...for some reason they aren't on the website anymore.

Droptop, i called and emailed and both times they told me they never carried addapter plates for the motor........ i don't get it. if they can do a 4v why not a 2v.

Adam

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Adam said:

Hope this helped some.

Adam

Adam was that two stock motors? or was there mods involved. thats a massive torque jump

Both basically stock(KN filter, flowmasters) the 4.6 was untuned, and those numbers are the 5.4 tuned, so they wrenched every hp out of it I am sure.
The 4.6 have no torque to begin with, then you have an extra 30 cubes with a longer stroke, its gonna bury the smaller engine in torque. I have seen a Stang with a V10 swapped in, now that was TORQUE... ;)

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Adam said:
voidfinger said:
Adam said:

Hope this helped some.

Adam

Both basically stock(KN filter, flowmasters) the 4.6 was untuned, and those numbers are the 5.4 tuned, so they wrenched every hp out of it I am sure.
The 4.6 have no torque to begin with, then you have an extra 30 cubes with a longer stroke, its gonna bury the smaller engine in torque. I have seen a Stang with a V10 swapped in, now that was TORQUE... ;)

Really how did they swap that in? was it with aftermarket intake and exaust? just wondering and what motor was it i've never seen a v10

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
anyone know where i can get adapter plates? vt doesn't sell them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:

Droptop, i called and emailed and both times they told me they never carried addapter plates for the motor........ i don't get it. if they can do a 4v why not a 2v.

I have seen them on their website last year and i have a picture of them on a engine...maybe they don't make them anymore or weren't making any money :dunno:

5.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online