500hp 500tq N/A.. What would it take?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Hitting high power #'s n/a is fun thing. It also helps the stealth of the car. I just read a mm&ff where they were trying to get over 500 out of a mod motor. They came up with like 460 or 480 but had major $ in it. I am debating myself on what i want to do but it is harder cuz i have a 302 so n/a power is more attainable than a 4.6. Thinking of a 351w or a turbo/kenne bell. Anyone want to make any donations? Ill give ya my addy if ya pm me ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Hitting high power #'s n/a is fun thing. It also helps the stealth of the car. I just read a mm&ff where they were trying to get over 500 out of a mod motor. They came up with like 460 or 480 but had major $ in it. I am debating myself on what i want to do but it is harder cuz i have a 302 so n/a power is more attainable than a 4.6. Thinking of a 351w or a turbo/kenne bell. Anyone want to make any donations? Ill give ya my addy if ya pm me ;)

the windsor is a great idea, its kind of like compareing a 2 valve to a 4 valve / 5.0 to a 5.8

strokeing it to a 408 or so would be KICK ASS too, with a nice XE cam and high flowing heads like Victor Jr's ............500 n/a hp should be a reality

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
O ya its a reality, but the money is what is a pain. The t5 is already grinding 2nd so i need a new one and figure might as well get a gforce so i dont have any more problems, then i need a afm pms to tune it plus wideband o2 etc. Plus i imagine the mpg on a 408 wouldnt be too great and it is my daily which i put on 20 miles just going to town and back daily. That is why i was thinking turbo/kenne bell as the mpg isnt effected much (if i can keep my foot out of it :noes:), but i believe turbos are supposed to be a pita to tune and i live in sd so there is pry not even a handful of dynos in the state let alone one that knows his shit about turbo stangs and kb's cant be intercooled but there is the option for meth inj but i am sure there are somesort of negatives of it (always are it seems). I have time before winter to decide what i am going to do and going to use every bit of time thinking.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
O ya its a reality, but the money is what is a pain. The t5 is already grinding 2nd so i need a new one and figure might as well get a gforce so i dont have any more problems, then i need a afm pms to tune it plus wideband o2 etc. Plus i imagine the mpg on a 408 wouldnt be too great and it is my daily which i put on 20 miles just going to town and back daily. That is why i was thinking turbo/kenne bell as the mpg isnt effected much (if i can keep my foot out of it :noes:), but i believe turbos are supposed to be a pita to tune and i live in sd so there is pry not even a handful of dynos in the state let alone one that knows his shit about turbo stangs and kb's cant be intercooled but there is the option for meth inj but i am sure there are somesort of negatives of it (always are it seems). I have time before winter to decide what i am going to do and going to use every bit of time thinking.

ahh I see your point about the MPG, but either way a street car makeing that much power is going to drink a little extra gas........the turbos is something I have always been interested in but never had the cash to throw down on

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i know i will loose some mpg but most of the guys running kbs/turbos seem to get pretty much stock mileage if they dont drive the shit out of it (which most of us do). Its my dd that is going to haul ass. I want to make sure that it gets better mileage than my pickup (11mpg :help2:). it would be nice to get above 18 still but i dunno if thats possible with a 351w/stroker. Ill do some checking and see i guess. Maybe i should just get a vtec cuz those things haul ass and get good mpg right??? :rollinglaugh: The turbo kits for the 94-95 that i have looked at are around 3k which aint bad cuz you get everything you need. And when considering the power that you make to the $$ you spend it is a good deal really. Its the lower cost of the kb and the insane lowend torque that keep that in the back of my mind. I have too many decisions to make :help2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.